Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
We're definitely on a roll this year.

Please give a very warm welcome to Eric Jean (@EJChevy) as an official CCF Sponsor.

Unless you've been hiding for the last 3 months you'll know Eric fairly well already. He's become a prolific poster and proud distributor of some coveted insider Corvette info. He's proven to be an invaluable CCF member which makes his entrance as a sponsor even more special.

Thanks Eric and we look forward to many more of your helpful posts and guides. Now over to you Eric for your personal Intro if you will please. :)

Nik, thank you for the introduction and annoucement!

This is a copy/paste from a previous thread, but is still very relevant!

My name is Eric Jean, and I am a Product Advisor (re: Salesperson) at Bill Spencer Chevrolet, unofficially specializing in Corvettes.

I would like to make one thing very clear: I am a car guy first and a salesperson second. I am in sales because I love cars. I don't sell cars because I thought it'll be lucrative.

My background is in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. I have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Mohawk College and a Graduate Certificate in Manufacturing Management from Sheridan College. I wanted to work more with people so I intended to go into consulting, but without a higher university education, it wasn't possible. By this point, I was 30 and I didn't want to spend another 6 years of my life and countless dollars in order to attain the education required for a job I was already more than capable of doing.

I've always had a strong passion for cars, specifically performance cars and motorsports. Gran Turismo was my religion when I was a child. A few people encouraged me to try out auto sales to see if I liked it, so in September of 2016, after graduating from Sheridan College, I went on a blitz to find a job, East of the GTA as this is the area I grew up in.

Long story short, I found employment at Bill Spencer Chevrolet. I'm very happy to have ended up here as the BS you often find in a dealership, for both employees and customers, doesn't exist here. I'm a man of morals and ethics (engineering background - you HAVE to follow ethics and you're legally obligated to report anything unethical). I care about my customers, sometimes maybe a bit too much.

I sold my first Corvette in November of 2016 and my first Z06 the following spring. Since then, I've had 40 happy Corvette customers as I help bring the dealership towards being a top Corvette dealership in Canada.

Late June 2019, I got my hands on my very own Corvette. A nice 2009 Base 1LT coupe, non-Z51, in Velocity Yellow with about 60,000 km on it (photo below). It's my only car and I drive it every day. As of this writing, it has over 72,000 km and loving every minute of it! In the short time, it's been with me, we've toured the back-roads around Bancroft, took it to Shannonville (and got a blistering lap time of 2:08.30, and then promptly spent about $2,000 fixing the car - front brakes, replacement wheels, and then some), auto-crossed it regularly (caught air at one event), and even took it down to Carlisle, Pennsylvania for Corvettes at Carlisle at the end of August. I love this Corvette, all Corvettes, and everything about them.

I'm not joining the site with the expectation of turning everyone into my customer. That is not my intention. I'm here to chat and chill with fellow Corvette and performance car enthusiasts. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have my own 'Vette. I do have the unique position of working at a dealership, so I have access to information that may be a bit more difficult to find. In addition, I take pride in retaining information; I'm a bit of a walking encyclopedia. If you have any questions about a new 'Vette, feel free to ask! If I don't know the answer, I'm good at researching, I'll be able to find it.

67771059_421290478596139_8436811925496528896_n.jpg

Thank you for the sponsorship E.J. of CCF...Greatly appreciated. You have definitely shed light on a few issues for the members here. Thank you. We look forward to your insight. :thumbs:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Welcome Eric. You've already been a wealth of information, especially for the C8 enthusiasts here. All the best for EJ Vette Sales.

Reactions: EJChevy
Welcome to the CCF forum Eric. Fantastic introduction. Looking forward to many interesting chats. It would be great if you could join in on the next (MITM) meet in the middle cruise. All the best in 2020!

Last edited:
Reactions: EJChevy
Sheeeesh, what took ya so long? :Biggrin: Great to see you make it official. The amount of information and advice you have already posted has been awesome. Now about that winter beater you drive.... Looking forward to your stories of improvements; what has been worth it and what hasn't. And of course your racing.

Sheeeesh, what took ya so long? :Biggrin: Great to see you make it official. The amount of information and advice you have already posted has been awesome. Now about that winter beater you drive.... Looking forward to your stories of improvements; what has been worth it and what hasn't. And of course your racing.

I'll be sure to keep you all up to date.

Nik, thank you for the introduction and annoucement!

This is a copy/paste from a previous thread, but is still very relevant!

My name is Eric Jean, and I am a Product Advisor (re: Salesperson) at Bill Spencer Chevrolet, unofficially specializing in Corvettes.

I would like to make one thing very clear: I am a car guy first and a salesperson second. I am in sales because I love cars. I don't sell cars because I thought it'll be lucrative.

My background is in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. I have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Mohawk College and a Graduate Certificate in Manufacturing Management from Sheridan College. I wanted to work more with people so I intended to go into consulting, but without a higher university education, it wasn't possible. By this point, I was 30 and I didn't want to spend another 6 years of my life and countless dollars in order to attain the education required for a job I was already more than capable of doing.

I've always had a strong passion for cars, specifically performance cars and motorsports. Gran Turismo was my religion when I was a child. A few people encouraged me to try out auto sales to see if I liked it, so in September of 2016, after graduating from Sheridan College, I went on a blitz to find a job, East of the GTA as this is the area I grew up in.

Long story short, I found employment at Bill Spencer Chevrolet. I'm very happy to have ended up here as the BS you often find in a dealership, for both employees and customers, doesn't exist here. I'm a man of morals and ethics (engineering background - you HAVE to follow ethics and you're legally obligated to report anything unethical). I care about my customers, sometimes maybe a bit too much.

I sold my first Corvette in November of 2016 and my first Z06 the following spring. Since then, I've had 40 happy Corvette customers as I help bring the dealership towards being a top Corvette dealership in Canada.

Late June 2019, I got my hands on my very own Corvette. A nice 2009 Base 1LT coupe, non-Z51, in Velocity Yellow with about 60,000 km on it (photo below). It's my only car and I drive it every day. As of this writing, it has over 72,000 km and loving every minute of it! In the short time, it's been with me, we've toured the back-roads around Bancroft, took it to Shannonville (and got a blistering lap time of 2:08.30, and then promptly spent about $2,000 fixing the car - front brakes, replacement wheels, and then some), auto-crossed it regularly (caught air at one event), and even took it down to Carlisle, Pennsylvania for Corvettes at Carlisle at the end of August. I love this Corvette, all Corvettes, and everything about them.

I'm not joining the site with the expectation of turning everyone into my customer. That is not my intention. I'm here to chat and chill with fellow Corvette and performance car enthusiasts. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have my own 'Vette. I do have the unique position of working at a dealership, so I have access to information that may be a bit more difficult to find. In addition, I take pride in retaining information; I'm a bit of a walking encyclopedia. If you have any questions about a new 'Vette, feel free to ask! If I don't know the answer, I'm good at researching, I'll be able to find it.

View attachment 34723
Welcome Eric and for all your help with respect to ordering a C8. Nice car and good luck at BSC!!

Users who are viewing this thread