19C7GS

Casual User
Jan 14, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2019 GS
Province
ON
I decided to listen more closely to my car.

If the windows are down and I lightly accelerate and go at relatively slow speeds, there's some flutter or noise coming from under the car? It's hard to describe what the noise is.

At 1:06 if you max the volume you can hear the flutter. It's the exact same. Anyone ever figure out what this is and why it's doing it? I seems to be relatively common but I'm curious if it's a bad sign.

The car had a belt tensioner change and transmission flush as well. What else is there? Doesn't sound like an AFM issue?

On another thread somewhere online it was mentioned that the sound damping/proofing in the '19 models was slightly changed and at certain RPMs it let the direct injector noise come through. Sounds like it? Kind of explains why it happens under acceleration and goes away when you take your foot off.

I brought mine in twice at my local dealer, once at a dealer recommended by the Ottawa Corvette Club and once at a performance chop. I got the same diagnostic, "valve train flutter noise within the acceptable noise range". I contacted GM about it to ask help about getting this resolved as this noise did not exist before (about 1.5 years ago). They made their in house investigation with both GM dealers and told me the same thing...they asked if I would like a Corvette jacket because I was a nice person to deal with. They sent me a C8 windbreaker style jacket. I should ask if the C8 is also being delivered...LOL

The fluttering noise is most evident between 1500 and 3000 RPM....very annoying.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread