Yea these would be pretty sweet, it's a shame I can't get many responses from Carlos at MRR. I'm a big fan of their company and the various wheels they're making but I may have to look at other options :(

What responses are you wanting? I email him or post on a thread and he immediately replies. ALWAYS!

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
Yea these would be pretty sweet, it's a shame I can't get many responses from Carlos at MRR. I'm a big fan of their company and the various wheels they're making but I may have to look at other options :(
Are there any verified weight figures for the C8's rims? Would be nice to know the stock rims as well as all the options/LPO's.

Looking to get aftermarket wheels but if stock are lighter than aftermarket there's no point in swapping.

Stocks are around 28-32 depending on the choice. Forged like MRR “Forged” series not ones like their 755’s etc run around 21/22lbs. Doesn’t seem like a lot however the difference from a 21 to 32 is substantial... hope that helps.

Stocks are around 28-32 depending on the choice. Forged like MRR “Forged” series not ones like their 755’s etc run around 21/22lbs. Doesn’t seem like a lot however the difference from a 21 to 32 is substantial... hope that helps.
Definitely does help me out, thanks for taking the time to reply. May I ask where you got the 28-32lb figure? If this is accurate then it would help me out tremendously.

In regards to Carlos, he's been great for the corvette community and has responded to me with pricing but I'm struggling to get a response in regards to a business proposal. I'll leave out the details seeing as how it's a private matter but I'll just keep trying to reach out.

Definitely does help me out, thanks for taking the time to reply. May I ask where you got the 28-32lb figure? If this is accurate then it would help me out tremendously.

In regards to Carlos, he's been great for the corvette community and has responded to me with pricing but I'm struggling to get a response in regards to a business proposal. I'll leave out the details seeing as how it's a private matter but I'll just keep trying to reach out.

I don’t recall as I’m probably in about 3-4 forums but someone had asked Tadge or one of the product engineers and they responded to the weight question. If I come across it I’ll share the source. Personally I’m no wheel expert and thought the difference would have been a lot more between cast OEM wheels and full forged monoblock technology than what it ended up as ...

I don’t recall as I’m probably in about 3-4 forums but someone had asked Tadge or one of the product engineers and they responded to the weight question. If I come across it I’ll share the source. Personally I’m no wheel expert and thought the difference would have been a lot more between cast OEM wheels and full forged monoblock technology than what it ended up as ...
If you're numbers are accurate then that's a huge difference that will most definitely be felt by a driver. I just doubt that GM would put 30lb wheels on their cars, I owned a 2017 BMW M2 and OEM weighed 22.2lb front and 24.2lb in the rear.

If you're numbers are accurate then that's a huge difference that will most definitely be felt by a driver. I just doubt that GM would put 30lb wheels on their cars, I owned a 2017 BMW M2 and OEM weighed 22.2lb front and 24.2lb in the rear.

An M2 wouldn’t have cast wheels on it to begin with ....

Here is info from Carlos on his full Forged wheels. Again design will dictate weight .... more mass more weight. More simple design less mass less weight

Again cast aluminum vs Forged. I checked and your 2017 M2 came from Factory with Forged Aluminum .... so already light ... Apples 🍎 to Apples 🍎

Estimate weight
19" high et = 20.3-20.8lb each
20" high et = 20.9-21.5lb each

iOS Image - 2864149005.jpg
iOS Image - 3553835957.jpg

Yea MRR coming out with multiple 20-22lb wheels is incredible, would be nice to know the weight of all the wheels GM offers though!

Agree. That range of 28-32 is big. The tridents appear to have more metal so perhaps they r the 32’s and the 28’s are the standard design versions. Time will tell. We won’t have to wait long now ... that’s the good news! 😉👍🏻

From Carlos,
The FS series is a Rotary forged wheel, meaning the center face design is cast and the barrels are forged to spec
is a in between from cast to forged, these wheels weights are about 25lb each front and 26.5 each rear
NES are completely 100% forged using 6061-t6 forged blocks
this aluminum is top grade and is the category used by all forged wheel brands.
weights on these are about 20lb for fronts and 21.5 for rears

Along with the weight reduction in the rims, you may also want to look at the weight of the tires. The C7 Z51 tires come in at 32 and 27 lbs, yet I was able to find non-run flats that weight 5 lbs less per tire. When you combine lighter rims and tires, the weight reduction could be 10 - 15 lbs per wheel. That is huge for unsprung rotational mass when it comes to performance, acceleration and stopping. Lighter brakes can easily increase this to 25 lbs per corner. A 100 lb weight drop in the right places will benefit everything the car does and mileage.

Along with the weight reduction in the rims, you may also want to look at the weight of the tires. The C7 Z51 tires come in at 32 and 27 lbs, yet I was able to find non-run flats that weight 5 lbs less per tire. When you combine lighter rims and tires, the weight reduction could be 10 - 15 lbs per wheel. That is huge for unsprung rotational mass when it comes to performance, acceleration and stopping. Lighter brakes can easily increase this to 25 lbs per corner. A 100 lb weight drop in the right places will benefit everything the car does and mileage.
Thats good to hear because I've never been a fan of run flats!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.