Style of Wheels

• BLACK ....will I have to listen to hip hop?

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • BLACK with machined lip ...less to polish

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • All Chrome

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters
Oct 13, 2011
Ancaster, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 convertible
0000773_300.jpg

OR

0000766_300.jpg

OR

0000764_300.jpg

Talking to Manny about getting the brakes done. My normal way to do it would be to get the brakes done, then upgrade to bigger wheels/tires, then have the brakes redone for the bigger wheels. I may try something radical and actually decide on the wheel/tire combo first.

I'm curious to see which "look" everyone here prefers. I know what I want but I'm curious about your views. It goes without saying that the decriptions are tongue in cheek.

Oh yes, I think I like the wheels they are APEX Performance Wheels:

18x8.5/19x10
2" lip front 3" lip back

They are in my price range (barely)

Downside is the weight
27lbs front
29lbs rear

I presume these are considered heavy, your thoughts as usual, are much appreciated.

If I get the time I'll chop them onto a white C5.

Very nice looking wheels Wayne! If I weren't in a speed contest with my wife, I really considered these. However, I really want to keep from adding weight to my corvette so that is why I'm looking at the CCW's. You have way more options for colors being that your corvette is white. If you were to do a blackout kit on all the lights, I would suggest the black rims with a red pinstripe. I think any wheel would look good on your car but would probably lean towards the full polished if that is the only cosmetic change you'll make to your car.

As if Tony would know what a crisis even is. :eek:

I don't know about Tony but it looks good from here; Fewer spokes and I'd like that Wayne .......

Nice effort tho. :rofl:

Keep trying -- you'll get there......:)

C.

LOL at Brian's comment.

Wayne, I really think the all black rims look gorgeous on a white car--with or without the blackout kit. While the kit would enhance the overall look, I still think those black rims look fantastic. Also, if you paint the calipers, the black rims would be really great too.

My vote is for black--in fact Riley and I were talking about how good white vettes look.......especially with black rims just last week.

I am curious to know the prices on these.

VA

LOL at Brian's comment.

Wayne, I really think the all black rims look gorgeous on a white car--with or without the blackout kit. While the kit would enhance the overall look, I still think those black rims look fantastic. Also, if you paint the calipers, the black rims would be really great too.

My vote is for black--in fact Riley and I were talking about how good white vettes look.......especially with black rims just last week.

I am curious to know the prices on these.

VA

I also love White Vetts, and white with red interior is even better. But I am not to sure about black rims....... My opinion. And you know what that is worth.
Hey Wayne, maybe you should just save a buck or two and get yourself a can of plasti-dip.
:rofl:

Cost of those wheels is about $1,600, (which is within my budget) they are not in my future as I can't see the sense of adding that much unsprung weight to the car. Beginning to think more money needs to be spent just to equal what I already have. Perhaps Z06 wheels from someone who is upgrading might be an option.

Maybe I'll follow Brian's suggestion and Plasti-dip the spokes, it would look weird, we'd all have a good laugh and then I'd peel them off. :)

One thing that seems to be a bit of a concern is that a lot of manufacturers don't list the weight of their wheels. I didn't dump 30lbs of fat just so I could throw it onto the car :)

Porsche wheels may be a good choice but I'd have to buy a Porschewheelzinadpatureoberfuhrer to get them to fit.

Wayne,
according to the Porsche on-line-store you can get a set of 19 in.
wheels and high performance tires for just $5500.
What a bargain !! See...3 times the cost of your wheels and tires included.

Your friend in Porsche,

Tony,
welland

Users who are viewing this thread