Zeeman28a

RIP
Ontario You're a Regular 2 You're 10
Jan 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Well it's that time of the year. The first Webers cruise of 2013. For those not familiar with the Webers cruise, we cruise up to Webers Hamburgers in Orillia.

10 Hours to go!

My contact info:
Stan Penko
Cell: 416-450-7214
Email: [email protected]

I have access to above on my wireless device. Call, text, email, or skype if you need us to wait at any of the meeting spots. Get contact info from other drivers too.

Petro Canada on the Northbound 400 is now Canadian Tire Gas Bar and open for business. Plenty of parking for us so that is our meeting spot.

The plan is to leave CT at 10:30AM, cruise to Hwy 9 and head West to Totenham Road. Get there early, DON'T BE LATE!

Those coming from the west, if you come up Hwy 27 or Airport Rd, head east on Hwy 9 to Totenham Road and then north. There is a Tim Hortons/Dairy Queen as you drive north about 6km. We will stop and meet there (We should arrive 11-1130am from the CTGB) and then continue north on Totenham to Mill Street, head east to George Johnston, where we will meet up with some of the Wasaga Corvette Club, head north to Horseshoe Valley Road and head east to Hwy 11, and then north to Webers. We should arrive Webers 1pm.

I would have liked to lead a cruise thru Barrie, but with the May 2-4 long weekend, all the lights and traffic, we will get split up and possibly lost so I nixed that part of the cruise.

And for those wanting, a trip to Gravenhurst afterwards for some buttertarts. Yum! Cruise is Saturday so they are open. I had also planned to cruise up to Bracebridge thru some country roads, but due to the recent flooding in the area, I have nixed that part of the cruise as well. :( While I'm sure things will have settled down by May 18, I would rather not risk us or the cars to any potential danger.

Last edited:
We'll be 95% Corvette and 5% other makes, such as a '69 Black Camaro with Corvette C5 Z06 Drivetrain and suspension. This car is BOSS! We'll have a 2010 Pontiac G8. I'm hoping to have a 2010 Mustang out with us as well. So if you don't mind hanging out with us, you're more than welcome to join us.

As I am in Midland, it makes no sense to drive down to major mac and then back up again. What time are you planning to be at Weber's and I will meet there and then go on to Gravenhurst.

As I am in Midland, it makes no sense to drive down to major mac and then back up again. What time are you planning to be at Weber's and I will meet there and then go on to Gravenhurst.

We should start to arrive at Webers around noon to 12:30pm. We stay there for about an hour to an hour and a half. A small number of us will cruise to Gravenhurst for the buttertarts, then onto Bracebridge to Hwy 11 and then homeward bound.

So Randy and I decided to go out and test the route to Webers. What a beautiful day for a drive.

Along the route, we came across the entrance to Base Borden so we stopped and took some pics.

I'm debating whether or not I should add this as a stop along the way but I'm thinking with all the cars, it may not be practical to stop.

Also, I've decided to cut out some of my route due to time contraints. Just too much traffic. We'd get split up a lot, etc.

Here are pics from today.

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

OP has been updated, but it seems this event hasn't generated a lot of interest here with the exception of Mark, abeltrame and navion. Hope to see you on the cruise.

How many from this forum are going to attend? Will I be the only one from up in the north country? Would be great to meet some other members from this forum.

How many from this forum are going to attend? Will I be the only one from up in the north country? Would be great to meet some other members from this forum.

There are some people, like WildWilly, KeithTedford, ObsheshonMark and myself that are on both forums so odds are, the answer to your question is yes. So come on out. :seeya:

I think I will bring my '67 for a little run and will meet you at Weber's around 12:30 or so.
Hope to meet everybody.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.