GSBob

Casual User
Apr 2, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2019 GS
Province
ON
Has anyone bought the weathertech phone holder for there C7. If you did is it worth the 60 bucks. Bought the stop flop and my opinion it’s junk.

unsure myself ... however ... I put my phone in the center console with a shorty USB plug-in
(this is the USB needed to be plugged in to) so that most of everything I need is there
hands free through Car Play and my steering wheel controls. So a phone holder is optioned out.

unsure myself ... however ... I put my phone in the center console with a shorty USB plug-in
(this is the USB needed to be plugged in to) so that most of everything I need is there
hands free through Car Play and my steering wheel controls. So a phone holder is optioned out.

I disabled the Bluetooth and CarPlay worked good last time I drove the car in April with the phone hooked up to a USB in the centre cubby. That was your advice by the way. 😂

Ok back to the rails....
The holder I got is from corvette mods and it plugs into the cigar lighter. It’s got a couple extra USB charge ports on it and a an 8” flexible stick. Works great and doesn’t interfere with shifts. You can angle it so face recognition works to unlock the phone with a quick glance.
Not something that’s needed as CarPlay has the phone on the infotainment screen but kind of handy.
@turbozig has a really good one too with a lower profile mount.
There’s lots of good ones out there. Some are even wireless charge.

Reactions: turbozig and YFCvii
I use this Pro-Clip mount 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Dashboard Mounts | ProClip USA along with a Scosche magnetic holder. Nice thing about the magnetic holder is that it allows the phone to go in any of my vehicles. It also just drops on and quickly pulls off the mount - no fiddling with slots or springs. A 6" charge cable is all that is needed to a cigar lighter USB adapter. I use Android and I suspect it is not as user friendly as Car Play. But the Corvette bluetooth connection permits phone calls with voice commands.

Reactions: Phil
Should also have mentioned that with a little Macgyvering, the magnetic holder can be fabricated. Look at a Scosche on line and then buy some 1/4" rare-earth magnets, a bit of glue and a thin piece of painted steel the size of a toonie and 'bob's your uncle'

I like the magnetic mounts. I tried one and love the convenience, however it eliminated the wireless charging function of the phone without removing the case the plate was stuck on. Not convenient.
So back to the conventional holder for me.

Definitely the mag mount is the best if you don’t have or care about wireless charging.

I Did in fact, purchase the Weathertech Cup/iPhone holder. Even though it came with Many different sizes. I never came close to finding the Right size. One time, the iPhone and holder fell out, banging around inside the vette. I gave Mine away, at the Sherwood Park Poker run, a few weeks ago. I think the Vette owner was gonna try it, on a different Vehicle. I wish I could Find this older Gentleman, because when I got Home, I realized I Still have the Other Cups (sizes)! :(

I tried one and love the convenience, however it eliminated the wireless charging function of the phone
Good update Derek - I was not aware of that effect but it makes sense. I will add that when I recommend the pro-clip and magnet solution for others. I have used Pro-Clip vehicle mounts in all my vehicles since we started carrying our life info in a piece of electronics. But only recently switched to a magnetic holder.

Reactions: ddgermann and ccltj
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.