Featured Thread
Jul 1, 2017
VetteCoins
“Give a man a car;  he will be happy for a day. Give a man a woman; he will be happy for a night. Give a man a woman who loves cars; he will be happy for life.” 
unknown author

July 13, 2018 saw a friendly Friday afternoon rush hour invasion of Corvettes from all directions into Winnipeg. The Meet in the Middle event was underway. The quote above is a good representation of what is required for us guys to really enjoy the cars and an experience of a multi-day event away from home. Now we all understand and appreciate the ladies out there that enjoy driving the cars as well so ladies just swap out the “Man” for “Woman” and it simply works equally as well.
Putting it all together
Meet in the Middle was a logistically heavy event and took the efforts of many people to accomplish. There are a few specific names that stand out as highly deserving of praise for the great efforts they instilled into making this event a success. Yes, I’m talking about Spence & Eric who organized and led...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
P.s. How come I can't give this a big thumbs up and a thanks?

You can but only on the thread that has the article excerpt. This is the new style blog article system thingie that I put in a while back hence you don't have the same controls. I'll think about integrating the Likes system with this too eventually.

Derek, amazing job on the MITM cruise from start to finish. It was totally over the top my good friend. All the planning, organizing, apparal and prizes were awesome. Cindy and I enjoyed the entire trip thoroughly, along with all the great friends we knew already, and many new ones made along the way. Bravo and we will be there at the next one!

Great recap story Derek. Very well written and it put my Corvette smile on me throughout the entire read... I know how much work you put into this and many thanks not only to you but everyone involved in the organization and the journey. Only hope I'm able to assist more on the next one... :thumbs:

Derek,
Your idea materialized to an Unprecedent Epic Successful Event that we found to create inclusive mini-individual Epic Events too.
Everything you did and shared, will never be forgotten.
I will most certainly be referring back at this recap and epilogue you just posted many times.
I truly appreciated that you permitted me to take care of a couple of the little things … it was a real pleasure.
This Experience created awesome new friendships and strengthened my existing ones above and beyond
it being just simply a great excuse to get the Corvette out for a Cruise :thumbs:
Thank you,
Spence (Freda)

WOW!! Looks like an amazing trip. My wife was NOT going to go with me - I think we missed a great time to meet other fantastic people and have a hell of a lot of fun. Kudos to the organizers. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: YFCvii
Good on you! I will next year do more on my own if I have to; otherwise, I do not drive enough to enjoy my ride. By the way: I love the color of your ride. Did you get yellow brake calipers and stitching on the inside? If my current car had been yellow with the accents, I would have bought it - always liked the GM yellow.

Good on you! I will next year do more on my own if I have to; otherwise, I do not drive enough to enjoy my ride. By the way: I love the color of your ride. Did you get yellow brake calipers and stitching on the inside? If my current car had been yellow with the accents, I would have bought it - always liked the GM yellow.
Bought off the lot so I got what was on it.
Red calipers. Like you, I would have ordered yellow calipers but I now find the red really stand out and look good.
Car is an LT2 so nothing fancy inside except that it has all the LT3 options and Z51 package. I had read someplace that the LT3 package was not worth the money. Just take LT2 with options. Make sure you get HUD. greatest thing on the car. Lets you keep your eyes on the road.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.