AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
Been away from the Forums for awhile and I seem to remember their being a very detailed garage thread here somewhere but cannot find it. Moving up to Bracebridge before months end and am building my own garage. Long build short ... am going to be constructing a pole build that's hopefully 40x32 with an attic and am still looking around for ideas...

If I could just find that thread eheheh.

Hi Les..
4589601E-9F53-452B-8F8B-F7A6267B1938.jpeg
64837D91-C2E4-480B-920B-30DCB3917F2B.jpeg
4582EE0D-7DB8-4700-958A-4B04D9F22899.jpeg
7A50EBA6-D90C-44EC-9A53-A7C56F64587B.jpeg
CAE4E1F3-2870-4215-A49F-6CFFB3747944.jpeg

Here's a few shots of my daughter’s pole barn that her husband built a couple of years ago. They are located just outside of Edmonton. She raises/breeds Arab show horses.
30’ x 60’. !!!

He builds big buildings for a living.
This might give you some ideas.

Graham

Les, William 3590 has a thread here somewhere about building his new house. Like all car guys he built the garage first, one has to have priorities. There were a lot of pics in that thread.

Did you find a contractor yet?

Yes I have a contractor, who happens to be a close friend Corvette guy and has built everything up to his latest horse arena which is massive....all pole. States my first step this week is to get in front of the town and get an application to build the garage. From there he will be driving up with me to determine angle etc for the spot. First thing I learned when moving up there was that there is a 'Toronto Tax' on most projects which I had to find the right person for to overcome. Piece at a time... Thanks for the piks... This is the property...2+ acres on Muskoka River. Garage is going in back. Cannot wait!

Capture3.PNG

Yes I have a contractor, who happens to be a close friend Corvette guy and has built everything up to his latest horse arena which is massive....all pole. States my first step this week is to get in front of the town and get an application to build the garage. From there he will be driving up with me to determine angle etc for the spot. First thing I learned when moving up there was that there is a 'Toronto Tax' on most projects which I had to find the right person for to overcome. Piece at a time... Thanks for the piks... This is the property...2+ acres on Muskoka River. Garage is going in back. Cannot wait!

View attachment 17823
Looks like a sweet spot Les. Congrats

Thanks folks...but I am learning the hard way. Provincial and local codes shuts down any idea of buying a plan on the internet. Picked up the application today and now searching out plans and maybe even a builder in the Bracebridge area... Hate these hiccups....

Reactions: ddgermann
Les, you probably already know this but most of the larger building supply stores provide design services. You tell them what you are wanting to do and they will design it for you using the current building code. Typically they do not charge for this service.

If you are planning on a building using a steel roof, which is good, just don't have the slope coming down over the garage doors. I originally wanted 24 x 36 with three garage doors. However with the snow load it is a good idea to design it so the gable ends are over the doors, I got the size I wanted but not the layout because of the snow. If it slides off and you are not there to clean it immediately it turns into a real problem. Solid icy mess. Just saying!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.