Apr 3, 2017
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Corvette Z06
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to get an opinion about washing the Corvette. When I had the Camaro, I used to go to a coin operated washing station nearby and wash the car there. I only used the washing station for power washer/water. As far as the soap is concerned, I use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax and apply it using Simoniz Platinum Synthetic Wool Wash Mitt. My questions are as follows:

1. Are the above products ok to be used on the Corvette as well?
  2. Is it ok to use the power washer on the Corvette hood i.e. will there be any issues with the power washer and the heat extractor openings in the hood?
  3. Any recommended products for interior and rim cleaning?

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to get an opinion about washing the Corvette. When I had the Camaro, I used to go to a coin operated washing station nearby and wash the car there. I only used the washing station for power washer/water. As far as the soap is concerned, I use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax and apply it using Simoniz Platinum Synthetic Wool Wash Mitt. My questions are as follows:

2. Is it ok to use the power washer on the Corvette hood i.e. will there be any issues with the power washer and the heat extractor openings in the hood?

Take a peek in here for some info.

The 2017 DIY DETAILING ADVICE THREAD

Reactions: YFCvii
Hi Karam,
Your questions are great ones to ask ...
I am the author of the thread that Nik mentions above and you will find "Toxix" replying to many of the questions in the thread.
I found that "Toxix" is not only a Corvette Owner but he is also a professional detailer who would just loves to answer questions just like yours.
If you don't find your answers, or have more to ask ... just send a message (PM) off to "Toxix".

My Wife and I just finished detailing our 3 vehicles this past weekend with a lot of what "Toxix" advised us on.
... our neighbors were wanting to line up and get theirs done ... I plan to post our photos in the thread soon.
Cheers !!!

It was always drying the car that concerned me more. I bought a "Master Blaster" for doing that and could not be happier with it. Nothing touches the car now but warm air. I use the two bucket method for washing, I have two mitts one for the top 2/3's of the car another for finishing off the rockers and lower part of the car. Seems to work well.

I pop the wheels off every couple washes to clean the barrels. I use Rejex on my Aluminum wheels.

Good luck with your cleaning work.

Between my gf and i we have five cars, four of them being mine. When it comes to hand washing cars i'm a bit lazy so we take our cars here.

When i had the C6 i ran it though this wash all the time, always came out looking great. My Jeep SRT8 is black always comes out looking great. Now i run my C7 through it.

When i had the C6 i ran it though this wash all the time, always came out looking great....
...Now i run my C7 through it.

The video selling effort has me with a :thumbs: for my daily drivers ... but for a Corvette? Like for me with bungee jumping ... not doin' it :Nono1: ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub
The video selling effort has me with a :thumbs: for my daily drivers ... but for a Corvette? Like for me with bungee jumping ... not doin' it :Nono1: ;)

Gotta agree with Spence on this one... Not to doubt your experience Hiroki.... just can't bring myself to do it any other way except by hand...

Hi Everyone,

I wash my 2016 C7 vert by first rinsing, then wash (TW liquid soap) using micro fiber wash mitt and then dry with large micro fiber towels. I Use a separate bucket and mitt (same soap & warm water) to wash wheels rear fascia and exhaust area. I find the hot soapy water cleans my wheels inside of all brake dust - no need for me to use one of the wheel cleaner products. I don't wash my car very often because it never really gets that dirty: dust it off from time to time using micro fiber cloths. The paint job on the C7 is so amazing: hard and shiny and smooth that it washes very easily. I don't fuss as much as I did when I owned a new black 07 Shelby GT 500 vert!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread