Apr 8, 2018
Sask
VetteCoins
Car
2008 corvette z06
Let's talk foam cannons/soaps and wash techniques
What soaps do you guys all use in your cannons/buckets
And what washing/drying techniques have you, or currently use!

Well I keep it simple since it is a Corvette and not an off road vehicle it never gets muddy, so I only use: water and hand wash with a bath towel (disused) and cut to usable size then dry with a clean towel (same again). So my cloth material is either old flannel sheets or towels for washing and waxing applications. Vinegar & water in a spray bottle for windows when only windows are being done.

Reactions: Mitch10
Bought some car wash from Toxix and it works very well, lots of suds. I use two buckets, one soap the other clean water to rinse the wash mitt in. I rinse the mitt from the hose when doing the lower part of the bodywork. I have a separate cloth to do the wheels and rinse if often as well. I use a Master Blaster to dry the car then stand back and look at all the places I missed then do it all again. LOL.

I take the wheels off the car every couple of washes to clean the barrels and if I have the energy I might put another coat of Rejex on them.

We don't need to know what you drink while detailing ;)

:)

B

Kind of an inside joke Brian. Had to be there kind of thing.
I just remembered that there was some windex involved to loosen up some bugs first.
Unfortunately it was 7AM and I was drinking a coffee. 😂

Before:
1BBBDD9E-1E07-4428-9A28-39619DBA2D88.jpeg

After:
CFE75E32-6E4D-4A4C-AF6E-36F7CAC2B124.jpeg

Reactions: Hotrodron
Ziggy also said it helps not to mess up his radiator/air cond condenser or what ever it is..... RockyPM found out the hard way what it takes to replace one.

Yes good point. My Rad was a mess too. These exchangers are very exposed. Hard to flush out too. Fortunately the bugs dry up and blow through mostly.

What did you use to get the bugs off?
Also what part of sask are you from as I'm there also.

The bugs got loosened up with windex and rinsed off with Perrier. Then a quick going over with detail spray.
It was a parkade wash job as I had no time to wash the car properly.

This was from the caravan to MITM. (Thought you might join us) That’s how the car looked the morning after we got to Winnipeg Mitch.

I’m from Edmonton but took half your bugs and a window tint ticket out of Saskatchewan on that trip. 😂

Kind of an inside joke Brian. Had to be there kind of thing.
I just remembered that there was some windex involved to loosen up some bugs first.
Unfortunately it was 7AM and I was drinking a coffee. 😂

Before:
View attachment 18946
hahahaha.... we all debated on whether we should post our version of your 'before' pic or not...glad it came from you. ;)

Yes good point. My Rad was a mess too. These exchangers are very exposed. Hard to flush out too. Fortunately the bugs dry up and blow through mostly.

I bought a mesh sheet years ago and put in front of my mustang just to collect the bugs. maybe can be done in a Corvette...... or just avoid Sask LMAO ;)

It certainly find less bugs on the Corvette than other vehicles assuming it from the aerodynamics. No i haven't been to Sask yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.