Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
We have friends who retired there fairly close to the main beach living behind the big mall. The noise started Fri and disipated Sunday night. There were cars parked everywhere. Situation totally overwhelmed what local then regional OPP could deal with. They did much the same in Ancaster earlier in the week. Most of these get “organized“ through Reddit then txts. Not much different than posting a who wants to cruise to ... on any forum only instead of 20 or 30 cars showing up it might be hundreds. On the news it showed an OPP officer carrying an assault rifle. Other than social distancing, illegal parking and possible car infractions not a lot police can do. Looking back, some Corvette wknds there were pretty wild as well. We had considered moving to Wasaga but it gets too crowded during summer months.

Can’t wait to see Douggie put on his grumpy old dad look, he used a few fries short of a happy meal to describe a situation last week. This one should be better.

We have friends who retired there fairly close to the main beach living behind the big mall. The noise started Fri and disipated Sunday night. There were cars parked everywhere. Situation totally overwhelmed what local then regional OPP could deal with. They did much the same in Ancaster earlier in the week. Most of these get “organized“ through Reddit then txts. Not much different than posting a who wants to cruise to ... on any forum only instead of 20 or 30 cars showing up it might be hundreds. On the news it showed an OPP officer carrying an assault rifle. Other than social distancing, illegal parking and possible car infractions not a lot police can do. Looking back, some Corvette wknds there were pretty wild as well. We had considered moving to Wasaga but it gets too crowded during summer months.

Can’t wait to see Douggie put on his grumpy old dad look, he used a few fries short of a happy meal to describe a situation last week. This one should be better.
Just to clarify, it was a gun that shoots rubber bullets, non-lethal. No need to carry a C8, which is what the OPP uses for a lethal rifle.

Reporters interviewed a number of participants and they said that they were all prepared to pay a $2000 fine. Make the fine $5000 and impound the cars then. I bet that there will be another community swarmed Thanksgiving wknd if the weather is sunny and warm. If 200 cars were impounded, sold for an average of $20,000 plus 200 @ $5000 each fine that would help fund masks etc for the healthcare workers who are going to be taking care of them and the poor individuals that they infect. If ppl do not pay the fine house them in the same circumstances that Toronto did when the Occupy protests occurred in Oct 2011. This virus is deadly and they are spreading it, enough is enough! There Douggie I can put my grumpy dad pants on too.

This has been an ongoing problem all summer. There is no question that the actions of some will impact all car enthusiasts get togethers.

This has been an ongoing problem all summer. There is no question that the actions of some will impact all car enthusiasts get togethers.

Welcome to the life of a legal, licenced, law abiding Canadian firearms owner.

Don, build a small ramp on the Quebec side and call it “Jump the Blue event. The prizes consisting of stickers to be given out to those successful on the Nl side of the blue.

My wife and I are hoping to go to Nl next summer but we’ll fly in. Her mother’s family was from there after emigrating from Ireland.

Don, build a small ramp on the Quebec side and call it “Jump the Blue event. The prizes consisting of stickers to be given out to those successful on the Nl side of the blue.

My wife and I are hoping to go to Nl next summer but we’ll fly in. Her mother’s family was from there after emigrating from Ireland.
GDH, if you get to the east coast next summer let me know, I'll give you the 10 cent tour if you want. Show you around our neck of the woods.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread