Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
There is a "Smart Driver" option in the myChevrolet app. If it is enabled, which it is by default, it collects data such as "Hard on the brakes" and "rapid acceleration" dates and times.
If you have used OnStar or the myChevrolet app then it has already been collecting that data and adding it to your credit information.
Check the more info at the bottom right of the screen. When I do that I only see 1.Roadside assistance 2.Explore EV 3. Accessories 4.Parked location and 5.GM Ultium Chargers. There is no reference to Smart Driver nor an option to enroll/delete, but it keeps asking me "Ready to activate your OnStar safety and security services? Drive safer, more connected vehicle today"
I'm assuming that one has to answer "I'm Ready" and then all the data will be collected.
I have a first half 2020

There is a "Smart Driver" option in the myChevrolet app. If it is enabled, which it is by default, it collects data such as "Hard on the brakes" and "rapid acceleration" dates and times.
If you have used OnStar or the myChevrolet app then it has already been collecting that data and adding it to your credit information.
Check the more info at the bottom right of the screen. When I do that I only see 1.Roadside assistance 2.Explore EV 3. Accessories 4.Parked location and 5.GM Ultium Chargers. There is no reference to Smart Driver nor an option to enroll/delete, but it keeps asking me "Ready to activate your OnStar safety and security services? Drive safer, more connected vehicle today"
I'm assuming that one has to answer "I'm Ready" and then all the data will be collected.
I have a first half 2020
You can unenroll
1E7AD5F4-2AE8-41E1-8687-4809E3766669.png
125AB2A2-EF42-4596-8E07-E5929D1DB068.png
367B61BC-78C1-41E2-81D0-7F45F38ABB24.png
E253B284-532E-4F83-A06F-A60F6DD6F607.png

Reactions: Murray20c8
Here's what the OP said on MidEngine

I received a letter from LexisNexis that my records showed a negative report on my file (required by Colorado Law). I had never heard of them and asked for a report to be sent to me. I got a 98 page report that is similar to a credit report with all my former addresses and credit cards listed along with my property and business history. It also had a "Telemetrics" category that had several pages of my Smart driver events listed. LexisNexis is a company that aggregates info from various sources and resells it to several industries including insurance companies. Below is from Wikipedia.

LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a global data and analytics company that provides data and technology services, analytics, predictive insights and fraud prevention for a wide range of industries.

I went ahead and checked my credit reports on Transunion and Experian since the LexisNexis report, and they are clean. But the info is still available on LexisNexis if anyone inquires.
smile.png

I don't have the built in " Big Brother" spy ware, but my insurance company tried to get me to install a "MyDrive" monitor. I said give me a break, its a corvette, the gas pedal occasionally gets pressed to the floor and my speed occasionally might exceed the posted limits. I don't need anything that might self incriminate me.

I don't have the built in " Big Brother" spy ware, but my insurance company tried to get me to install a "MyDrive" monitor. I said give me a break, its a corvette, the gas pedal occasionally gets pressed to the floor and my speed occasionally might exceed the posted limits. I don't need anything that might self incriminate me.
Ya, every freak'n Insurance company seems to have one of those apps.
"Use the app and save money" = "Don't use the app and we'll charge more than we should"

• Agree
Reactions: Dave91TM
It's a shared information world out there whether we like and want it or not. Have you got one of those smart home automation devices that turn on your lights, plays music, adjusts you heat, locks and unlocks your door, and answers stupid questions you ask it? How much more of your personal information is being stored, used or abused somewhere.... Damn scary times...

It's a shared information world out there whether we like and want it or not. Have you got one of those smart home automation devices that turn on your lights, plays music, adjusts you heat, locks and unlocks your door, and answers stupid questions you ask it? How much more of your personal information is being stored, used or abused somewhere.... Damn scary times...
Big brother is everywhere these days. Smart tv's, smart phones, smart watches,Alexa, Google Assistant , etc.

Big brother is everywhere these days. Smart tv's, smart phones, smart watches,Alexa, Google Assistant , etc.
Been that way ever since credit cards came along many many years ago. Anything that is digital can be used to track you in some way or form.
Insurance companies make me laugh with their "safe" driver tattle tail snitch programs. From what I have heard you are more likely to lose money than save money. Going through a tunnel registers as a hard brake at one end and hard acceleration at the other. There is not a drive I go on that is not at least several occasions above the speed limit. I don't pass an 85KMH car at 90KMH. Usually it is around 140. I call that safe driving as I do not linger on the passing side for too long.

I know In my 2023 I can’t shut off on star . They’re claiming that all the new downloads come through on star . I was told by my dealer if I want to I can take it into the dealership to get the new downloads if I Opt out of it . But from what I’m told that doesn’t really shut it off . I feel like going to the Russians and having it disconnected . Another real problem is you can’t get maps without it . You can get it but you have to hook it through your phone . And from what I’m told all 2023s are like that . First happened on my 2022 Trailblazer . And when I asked the dealership if this was going to happen on the 2023 Corvette mobile they said no . Just on the lower end cars , Boy were they were wrong . I really do miss my 2021 .
Thanks. GM . Not Fair or right .

I know In my 2023 I can’t shut off on star . They’re claiming that all the new downloads come through on star . I was told by my dealer if I want to I can take it into the dealership to get the new downloads if I Opt out of it . But from what I’m told that doesn’t really shut it off . I feel like going to the Russians and having it disconnected . Another real problem is you can’t get maps without it . You can get it but you have to hook it through your phone . And from what I’m told all 2023s are like that . First happened on my 2022 Trailblazer . And when I asked the dealership if this was going to happen on the 2023 Corvette mobile they said no . Just on the lower end cars , Boy were they were wrong . I really do miss my 2021 .
Thanks. GM . Not Fair or right .
That could be Russian disinformation right there. LOL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread