Jan 23, 2015
VetteCoins
Looking to buy a C6 Z06. Do not need to get financing or permission from my other half: ) If your looking to sell yours and would rather it go to someone who will appreciate it vs a dealer looking to make a profit off your car please send me a message. Will travel for the right car. Thank you for reading.

I understand and the appreciate the desire to buy one from someone from a community like this over finding something on Kijiji. Good luck in your search, and perhaps there is someone on here with a C6 Z06 who is just itching to get a new C7.

I understand and the appreciate the desire to buy one from someone from a community like this over finding something on Kijiji. Good luck in your search, and perhaps there is someone on here with a C6 Z06 who is just itching to get a new C7.

Just throwing it out there Jordy. My C6 came from Kijiji and it was pristine, and I'm still friends with the previous owner. He sold it to buy his new C7, not because it was beat to $hit. Not saying all are gonna be like that. Kijiji can be a cesspool as well so I do see where you're coming from. I think it's more important to have a reputable Corvette mechanic perform a complete inspection than it is to blindly trust any used vehicle, no matter where it is coming from.
JMO

For sure, Eric. I wasn't disagreeing with looking on Kijiji at all, I was rather complimenting the OP on posting the information here anyway.

and I definitely agree with absolutely having a knowledgeable mechanic do a full inspection on a car before purchase. It's a small price to pay.

Trying to stay within the province so far but who knows. I'll search all avenues and see what turns up. One certainly needs to be vigilant and know their vettes when buying used. Some time on a hoist and an alignment rack is a must to see she hasn't been bent. Carfax etc doesn't always have all the information.

Sometimes it takes a while. Sometimes it takes a long while. I spent more than fifteen years 'looking' and more than three years 'looking seriously'. When you find the right one, the distance won't matter. In fact, it just makes it an adventure. I had a wonderful experience bringing my Trans Am back from Arizona.

Just throwing it out there Jordy. My C6 came from Kijiji and it was pristine, and I'm still friends with the previous owner. He sold it to buy his new C7, not because it was beat to $hit. Not saying all are gonna be like that. Kijiji can be a cesspool as well so I do see where you're coming from. I think it's more important to have a reputable Corvette mechanic perform a complete inspection than it is to blindly trust any used vehicle, no matter where it is coming from.
JMO

Lol...that's crazy how our experiences were darn near identical! Older gentleman with 3 of these selling a couple at least to buy a new c7. Low mileage, impeccably maintained and pampered car that still had factory rear rubber. It was 6 years old...almost 7...and all my checks came back with nothing. The price was where I needed it, so apparently, the stars have aligned. Thank you kijiji! I used all avenues as well to search. Like Jord, it took me over 2 years of serious looking in 4 provinces to find what I wanted at the price I wanted. Good luck and can't wait to see pics of the new ride!

I look at the auctions every single day. I think you can probably find a private deal somewhere but the dealers have pulled half of them from the sale and are going to wait another month for the season to get close. Enjoy the looking, I've been looking for a 70 Mach 1 for myself

Will do, hooking the enclosed to my buddies new 2500 Dirtymax and heading out Sunday.
13871907835x650 - Copy (2).jpg
13871907846x650.jpg
13871907851x650.jpg
13871907896x6503.jpg
13871907904x6504.jpg
13871907921x6507.jpg
13871907937x6509.jpg
13871907958x65022.jpg
IMG_5318.JPG
IMG_5321.JPG
IMG_5320.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5316.JPG
    IMG_5316.JPG
    490.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5317.JPG
    IMG_5317.JPG
    577.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5320.JPG
    IMG_5320.JPG
    641 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5316.JPG
    IMG_5316.JPG
    490.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5317.JPG
    IMG_5317.JPG
    577.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5318.JPG
    IMG_5318.JPG
    582.9 KB · Views: 5
Thanks guys, eager as a kid at Christmas over here. It just needs to pass my super critical eye up in the air etc. Likely a done deal though. Deposit money already down and th dealer has been good. Warranty etc included which makes me comfy. Will do heads just before it's up if I still have the car by then...If I dooooo, maybe some mods : )

Reactions: Tinman
A few pics of the car at final inspection and load up.Car was dry in the opening shots and wet afterwards due to just a tiny bit of salt spray. Rain washed the roads clean for two days. They were nice and dry but snow banks melting had caused a couple light wet spots. I got under it and washed it for 30 minutes with fresh water. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself other wise.
Feb 22, 2017 030.JPG
Feb 22, 2017 031.JPG
Feb 22, 2017 035.JPG
Feb 22, 2017 051.JPG
Feb 22, 2017 065.JPG
Feb 22, 2017 066.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: BDK
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.