Darryl L

Casual User
Oct 14, 2017
VetteCoins
I lost my 1990 this summer due to a fool who cut in front of me. I want to replace my totaled vette soon. I am looking in the Saskatoon Saskatchewan area only. There are lots in Ontario, Texas or Mexico lol, but I don't Want to travel thousands of miles. My budget is around $5-8g! Send me a note on what you have, or if you may have a lead on a decent car. I'm not looking for half finished projects, or bags boxes and pails of parts lol. Its gotta run and be drivable! Thanx, I hope to hear from someone soon. By for now...

yeah pictures are always deceiving, the white one needs cosmetics in and out but may be a good car. that red 84 in regina for 3500 is tempting but I just got too many on the go and I find the C4 is not a appealing car to me after just buying one.

The red $3500 one needs both inspections and tlv damage to repair...not worth the hassle for a 84. I looked at the white one today. The roughest 111,000km car I ever saw lol! More like 350,00km of s**t kicking rode hard put away wet use lol! I'm a patient guy though, unless something in a C4 thats decent shows up at a real price, I may just wait till spring, save a few more bucks and go for a C5 or C6.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Wait a year or two. It’s the c5’s turn to hit rock bottom. I saw a 2003 low mileage z06 for 18k and a higher mileage coupe for 12k. Let’s say you found a perfect c4 for 8k (You won’t). You’ll spend at least 10k to get 400hp out of it anyway.

Good points to ponder. I don't know if I could survive with out my corvette fix for that long though. I could go into shock and start having sezures lol. I'll try my best to wait for that one I'll love. Fact is a C5 or C6 is much more car than a C4 in my opinion😉

• Agree
Lucky grab indeed. I didn't realise what a good deal I had gotten on my last one until I had to try to replace it. I paid $3200 cdn and put about $200 in parts and about 30 hours fixing all the electrical glitches (card didn't run well when I got it). My best friend has been a GM tech for 30 years so that helped getting it working properly. Having it destroyed through no fault of my own 3 months after fixing it, was a major heartbreaker. I got 10g from sgi and can't replace it for that.

Good points to ponder. I don't know if I could survive with out my corvette fix for that long though. I could go into shock and start having sezures lol. I'll try my best to wait for that one I'll love. Fact is a C5 or C6 is much more car than a C4 in my opinion😉

Yes but style is up for debate. Hell my favourites are the early c3’s and the c5/c6’s are light years ahead mechanically.

• Agree
My buddy and I built his 1968 with a 383 striker blown. We upgraded the trans to a 5 speed and built the sideline to handle being driven hard lol.( keeping all original parts stored carefully of course lol) I can't seem to post a picture here though for some reason. My gallery does not show up on the list

If you can swing it Darryl, as an affordable upgrade I believe a C6 gives you the best bang for your buck right now with tech and performance.
There are many around with reasonable mileage for good prices.
Either way I hope you find that perfect car.

I agree! A C6 would be the wiser choice since my health is poor and restoring is not the fun it used to be. An Ls2 or 3 can make good power easily, and much more affordably the a L98 or LT1 C4 car. I'm almost there with the cash already. A nice one seems to be 20g +. Which is realistic for my budget. Come spring I should have close to $30g to work with. As long as life doesn't s**t on me again lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.