Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
As a followup to the CCF V2 new website/blog announcement I'd like to formally ask our Corvette Community for help in filling/helping out with the following positions we have open. Much wealth and fortune will be thrust upon you for your efforts. :)

On the off-chance riches are in the mail there will definitely be apparel for offer once we get that up and running.

Corvette Blog Editor & Contributing Writer - 1 Position

Responsibilities include:

• Editorial Ownership of all original and mirrored content on the new Corvette (CCF) Blog - this means you've read, reviewed, edited every article
  • Review/Edit contributions from Blog Writers and other sources
  • Contribute to monthly, daily and weekly content pushes, growth and opportunity planning - this includes blog posts, newsletters and other content
  • (Re)Organize new CCF dynamic content
  • Get to boss me and others around
  • Write original Corvette related articles (with verifiable sources where applicable) - we don't expect breaking news but more homegrown articles
  • Source Corvette related articles (with credits to sources)

Requirements:
  • There's a lot of flexibility but we would ask for a few hours of your time monthly.
  • Work to planned article timelines that will be discussed with you ahead of time. We would need some commitment from you that you will be able to deliver content in a timely manner
  • Good written Engalese... Yes good written English is needed, means grammar, spelling, well formed sentences. An engaging written style always welcomed.
  • Some computer literacy is required, meaning you are able to format content, edit content, able to apply and remain faithful to Blog templates which I will explain as well as manipulate images as needed.
  • Bonus: If you have used a blogging platform like Wordpress (or others) this will be really easy. Otherwise there will be some short tutorials to get you up to speed.

What's in it for me?

• Contribute to our Canadian Corvette Community - we need the help
  • Full credits for Editorials and Original Pieces. If we get picked up by a major publication that means your name gets out there (and this happens often).
  • Freebies and access to CCF apparel and other goodies we may offer in future
  • Access to CCF premium services (CCF branded emails for example)
  • You get to play a major role in shaping our CCF and Canadian Corvette community

Corvette Blog Writer (Occasional/Part time) - 2 Positions

Responsibilities include:

• Write original Corvette related articles (with verifiable sources where applicable) - we don't expect breaking news but more homegrown articles
  • Source Relevant and Interesting Corvette related articles (with credits to sources)

Requirements:
  • Need a little bit of your time obviously to write the content. It would be as little or as much as the article would dictate.
  • Work to planned timelines with the CCF Editor meaning we need some commitment on content/articles and their timely delivery
  • Good written English is needed, means grammar, spelling, well formed sentences. An engaging written style always welcomed.
  • Some computer literacy is required, meaning you are able to format content, edit content, able to apply and remain faithful to Blog templates which I will explain.
  • Bonus: If you have used a blogging platform like Wordpress (or others) this will be really easy. Otherwise there will be some short tutorials.

What's in it for me?
  • Contribute to our Canadian Corvette Community - we need the help
  • Full credits for Original Pieces and Content. If we get picked up by a major publication that means your name gets out there (and this happens often).
  • Freebies and access to CCF apparel and other goodies we may offer in future
  • Access to CCF premium services (CCF branded emails for example)

If interested or have questions do shoot me a PM. None of the expectations are set in stone so if you want to contribute a little by way of an occasional article that's perfectly ok and we welcome it.

Although this is a new thing for CCF I do expect it to blossom and will put significant effort into getting our unique Corvette Blog up there with the rest of the online publications.

Thanks for reading.

I'm bumping this up. Plan is to launch the new site/blog in the next 2 weeks so ideally I'd love to see some contributions from members (whether you want the official title as a CCF writer or not). Ideas would also be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ddgermann
Bumping this again, if anyone wants to 'surface' a post/thread from CCF as article content for our new site do let me know. More than happy to lift it from here and give credit to you. No commitment required :)

I've already lifted a @Black 03 Z06 article which I think will done nicely. Thanks Murray.

This will be more automated down the road for now need some links/sources.