LOOKING

Casual User
2 You're 10
Apr 14, 2012
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
I sold my 1962 Vette - black with red interior, back in the 70's. I would absolutely LOVE to get it back. It was sold in the GTA and if anyone has a 1962 that they think might have been bought and sold in the GTA with that colour combination - Please write and tell me any history you have. I would pay a premium for that car and a reward just to know where it is today. I have several pictures of it and the plate number but haven't been able to find the ownership copy as yet!!

Last edited:
Don't blame you. It's a rare and valuable C1.

I would consider looking into a corvette registry. The car itself has probably gone to the US, but maybe could be tracked down by the various registries you hear about. Try a google search.

G/L

C.

Why do you think it went south? I was doing some figuring and since there were roughly 14,500 62 Vettes built - Canada maybe got 10% at the most = just 1,400 - then for Toronto area perhaps just half that = 700 and then how many of those would be black with red? I thought this forum might find someone with that car or combination and trace it back - or maybe they still have it? I do have the VIN for my white 1958 Vette - but really wanted the 62 Black one. I guess I will have to dig through 40 years of boxes... Still hope I hear from some one with a black/red 62 in the forum??

Why do you think it went south? I was doing some figuring and since there were roughly 14,500 62 Vettes built - Canada maybe got 10% at the most = just 1,400 - then for Toronto area perhaps just half that = 700 and then how many of those would be black with red? I thought this forum might find someone with that car or combination and trace it back - or maybe they still have it? I do have the VIN for my white 1958 Vette - but really wanted the 62 Black one. I guess I will have to dig through 40 years of boxes... Still hope I hear from some one with a black/red 62 in the forum??

I would have to say for the obvious: Money and more buyers.

My Shelby went there and I suspect many specialty cars do.
G/L finding yours. :D

C.

Best of luck with finding your car. I hope you get lucky and someone on this forum knows of a black 62 but we actually don't have a lot of members on here with cars that old (I wish we had more!!!!). As I said, I don't think anyone on here has it, but I hope someone knows of it. I wish you the best in your search.

Yes - I was hoping someone would know where a 62 black Covette might be in the GTA. We need more members with C1 Vettes!

Last edited:
You need to know the vin number, then check out this list at the registry:

The Corvette C1 Registry

I just found the details on my original 1962 Corvette. The VIN is

20867S108566 - I sold it to "New Car Trade Centre", Toronto Ontario, Canada in March 1965. It was black with red interior.

I went to that site you gave me and it seems tobe Dutch? Is that the one?

I would just LOVE to get that car back again.

I just found the details on my original 1962 Corvette. The VIN is

20867S108566 - I sold it to "New Car Trade Centre", Toronto Ontario, Canada in March 1965. It was black with red interior.

I went to that site you gave me and it seems tobe Dutch? Is that the one?

I would just LOVE to get that car back again.

I just went to the site and looked under the 1962 cars listed. Your car 108566 is not listed............ You might want to go have a look at this site... They do have a forum there that someone may be able to help you in your quest......

Removed all the spammer posts as I removed the spammer post then the rest of the posts didn't make sense then I thought we should keep this on topic.....however, part of me hates deleting the spammer posts because the replies are pretty funny and I know I can use more laughs in life. I think I may have to make a "best of spam" thread!

I was born in April 1965, hope this helps with your search:seeya:
I have actually traced my black 1962 Corvette to New Jersey and listed as Antique license but I cant get the owners name or address due to Privacy Laws!! I wrote all forums and clubs there and no answers.

Looking..
Thanx for the update...
I hope you can find the car.
I was contacted recently by a fellow in North Carolina looking for his father's 1965 Corvette that might be in this area.
He was at the same status as you.. He narrowed it down to Vancouver Island, here on the West Coast.
He then posted a 'wanted' ad in the local Craigslist for that area and the owner contacted him!!
And even sent him pictures.
good luck.

graham

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Great idea Graham. Sometimes these hunches pay off.

Best of luck to you Looking in finding your long lost car. Must be a relief to know it is still around, now the hunt continues.

Have to ask what prompted you to update your thread after all this time? Does the forum alert you to updates?

Murray. At the top of the page window, just above the white background message window, right hand side, there is grey text "Watch Thread" printed there. If you click on it, it brings up a window that asks you if you want email notification or just regular alerts to the thread whenever there has been a message posted. The regular non email update notice is on the little flag beside your name on the top banner (beside the pm alert). If you click on the email option, it will send you an email every time someone posts to the "watched" thread. :)

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Looking, put a ad on Kijiji in that state , it's free to do so. Even a picture of any black 62 just to catch the eye of readers. Wanted , the vin number etc if you want to post it , interior color, motor any details etc. The owner or someone just might see it and get ahold of you. Good luck.

Lol Murray. I am too but I'm so tactile I even scare myself.... If it does something, I have clicked it... may not understand it but have clicked it open....:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.