Feb 20, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
1980 coupe
Province
BC
I have a 1980 Coupe with an L48 4 spd. I was wondering where to find the best info on mods to give some more power. Not looking to break the bank as i may as well put a crate engine in it. I would like to keep it numbers matching.

Thanks

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
I have a 1980 Coupe with an L48 4 spd. I was wondering where to find the best info on mods to give some more power. Not looking to break the bank as i may as well put a crate engine in it. I would like to keep it numbers matching.

Thanks
Speed cost money. Just how fast do you want to go.

If you want to keep matching numbers; Edelbrock Performer cam, Vortec heads, Performer Intake, and Edelbrock carb for main items. If not, a ZZ4 Crate. Likely someone with more L48 experience than me will also chime in.

Hi Reuuff Day

Do they even make a ZZ4 anymore. Sounds like cam, carb, heads and intake are they way to go. I was doing some reading today and the stock exhaust is very poor and changing it out would be an improvement in its self.

Hi Reuuff Day

Do they even make a ZZ4 anymore. Sounds like cam, carb, heads and intake are they way to go. I was doing some reading today and the stock exhaust is very poor and changing it out would be an improvement in its self.
Agreed. Headers alone will show some improvement and would also be damn near necessary along the other improvements. Yeah. You are correct. I think the ZZ5 replaced the ZZ4 but if you're going that extra money route, the ZZ383 for only a bit more would really liven your ride up.

Thanks
The first question now is how far are you now on your project and how soon do you want it done? To me it’s more of a hobby and I know I’m spending more than I should. Parts aint easy to find. Good luck on your project. 😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.