Jun 28, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette C8 Stingray
Province
ON
Hi everyone, question about adding Vossen wheels to my C8. with the +30 offset on front and +40 offset in the rear, does anyone know first hand if the stock GM splash gaurds will be enough to protect the paint from stone throw from the tires since with Vossen rims the tires stick out from the fender a bit at the rocker level.

Number one your offsets are incorrect. (52mm frt and 64mm rear)
Vettes have always had high offsets that usually mean custom wheels. Very few wheels exist out there with the correct offsets.
I just ordered Vossens last week and they will be cut and center bored to the correct numbers.
Not using the correct offsets causes a myriad of problems. Here are the correct numbers.
C8 Wheel Size.PNG

Vettes have always had high offsets that usually mean custom wheels. Very few wheels exist out there with the correct offsets.
I just ordered Vossens last week and they will be cut and center bored to the correct numbers.
Not using the correct offsets causes a myriad of problems. Here are the correct numbers.View attachment 83567
Those are OEM offsets though, (the OP wasn't listing factory offsets) you do realize that when people buy custom wheels for their car, they typically don't use OEM offsets, they usually go for more "poke", so that the custom wheels sit a bit further out and fill out the fenders better. Those Vossen offsets the OP quoted are from the Vossen website for wheels that fit the C8. The fronts range from +20 to +42mm and the rears range from+30 to +50mm. These would be similar to adding aftermarket wheel spacers to your OEM wheels, which look fantastic and make the car look aggressive. You can certainly order your Vossen with OEM offset numbers, but why would you? Unless you like the wheels to have the factory "tucked in" look, but, where is the fun in that?

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
These would be similar to adding aftermarket wheel spacers to your OEM wheels, which look fantastic and make the car look aggressive.

I eventually want to get after market wheels (likely Blaque Diamond), but until my wallet recovers, I would consider wheel spacers for that aggressive look. Would also be interested in thoughts on offsets, and spacers in general.

Not using the correct offsets causes a myriad of problems. Here are the correct numbers.View attachment 83567
Thanks for the reply, I will ask about these offsets as I do want the more aggresive look and don't know one thing about how to acheive that, Thanks for the info.

Those are OEM offsets though, (the OP wasn't listing factory offsets) you do realize that when people buy custom wheels for their car, they typically don't use OEM offsets, they usually go for more "poke", so that the custom wheels sit a bit further out and fill out the fenders better. Those Vossen offsets the OP quoted are from the Vossen website for wheels that fit the C8. The fronts range from +20 to +42mm and the rears range from+30 to +50mm. These would be similar to adding aftermarket wheel spacers to your OEM wheels, which look fantastic and make the car look aggressive. You can certainly order your Vossen with OEM offset numbers, but why would you? Unless you like the wheels to have the factory "tucked in" look, but, where is the fun in that?
Thanks for the info, No I hate that tucked in look and don't know what offsets are needed to eliminate that, I'll do more research prior to ordering them.

Thanks for the info, No I hate that tucked in look and don't know what offsets are needed to eliminate that, I'll do more research prior to ordering them.
I see that you're in Ontario, if you don't mind me asking where are you purchasing your Vossens from? I still don't have my C8 yet (fingers crossed for Fall) but this will be the first thing I'm doing. Thinking I may place the order for them as soon as I get my allocation... what's the lead time like?

I see that you're in Ontario, if you don't mind me asking where are you purchasing your Vossens from? I still don't have my C8 yet (fingers crossed for Fall) but this will be the first thing I'm doing. Thinking I may place the order for them as soon as I get my allocation... what's the lead time like?
I have been in contact with these guys listed below. Also Morgan Crosbie at Finch Chevrolet in London also is a dealer in Vossen wheels, check out his Youtube channel "Cars and Crosbie"

Johnston Research & Performance, Inc.
Phone: +1 (905) 822-7223 Ext:242 | Fax: +1 (905) 822-3632
Email: [email protected] |Web: www.jrponline.com | Lapping: www.speedtherapy.com
2344 South Sheridan Way, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5J 2M4

Reactions: jimmyb
I bought my Vossens (not for the C8) from the Canadian distributor JRP in Mississauga.

Be careful with the offsets mentioned by the OP. I have +35 front and +45 rear on my new rims. Fronts are just about flush and rears poke a few mm. I don’t think you would want to go any lower offset in the rear for sure or the car will look funny.
LOVE those wheels! Are they still 19" in front and 20" in rear? They look bigger. If you had to do it again, would you go with same offsets, or lower on front?

Be careful with the offsets mentioned by the OP. I have +35 front and +45 rear on my new rims. Fronts are just about flush and rears poke a few mm. I don’t think you would want to go any lower offset in the rear for sure or the car will look funny.
LOVE those wheels! Are they still 19" in front and 20" in rear? They look bigger. If you had to do it again, would you go with same offsets, or lower on front?

Thanks. They are 20 x 9 front and 20 x12 rears. I wouldn’t change a thing. They are perfect in my eyes. I am going to lower the car another half inch though.

Thanks. They are 20 x 9 front and 20 x12 rears. I wouldn’t change a thing. They are perfect in my eyes. I am going to lower the car another half inch though.
Absolutely perfect "stance" with that setup! Going to "steal" this offset and size combo for mine (next summer when I finally get my C8). I have a very similar stance on my current Mustang GT (20x11.5" with 315/30 and 20x 9.5" with 275/35), love how it "fills out" the rear fenders. Very aggressive looking. Nice job!

Reactions: PapaSmurf
I have been in contact with these guys listed below. Also Morgan Crosbie at Finch Chevrolet in London also is a dealer in Vossen wheels, check out his Youtube channel "Cars and Crosbie"

Johnston Research & Performance, Inc.
Phone: +1 (905) 822-7223 Ext:242 | Fax: +1 (905) 822-3632
Email: [email protected] |Web: www.jrponline.com | Lapping: www.speedtherapy.com
2344 South Sheridan Way, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5J 2M4

I do not have a C8, but I've ordered from JRP as well for Vossen, super easy to deal with. They are I believe Vossen's preferreed Canadian vendor.

Reactions: IGITRDUN
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.