Apr 1, 2012
Port Moody BC Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Corvette Grand
I own a 2017 Grand Sport and I am having an issue with Voice Phone (Contact Name) recognition. If I say phone it will allow me to speak a telephone number to call but when I say Phone with a contact name it will take me to Destination. Does not recognize any contact names. Almost appears to have lost my contact list. But when I go into phone setup on the info screen is shows my contact list as being there. Any of you had this issue? Do I need to delete the pairing for my iPhone and pair it again? Any other way to fix this?

Reactions: ddgermann
I own a 2017 Grand Sport and I am having an issue with Voice Phone (Contact Name) recognition. If I say phone it will allow me to speak a telephone number to call but when I say Phone with a contact name it will take me to Destination. Does not recognize any contact names. Almost appears to have lost my contact list. But when I go into phone setup on the info screen is shows my contact list as being there. Any of you had this issue? Do I need to delete the pairing for my iPhone and pair it again? Any other way to fix this?

I never had much luck with this either. None of the GM vehicles corvettes included have had decent voice recognition.
I once saw Spence try and find nav directions to the keg restaurant and finally give up.
I laughed my ass off as it just couldn’t provide the right answer.
We manually navigated there and had a great dinner. No thanks to the POS GM voice recognition. 😂

I understand that most of this voice recognition stuff is not REAL good but thinking I have more of an issue. If I tell it to phone a specific number (Phone 123-456-7890) it doesn't have a problem. But when I tell it to Phone followed by a contact name (Phone John Doe) it routes me to invalid destination and asks for a valid destination. This has worked flawlessly until about 4 days ago. It kind of looks like it doesn't recognize my contact list.

I had a weird voice recognition issue in my Silverado with the same infotainment system. Delete the phone in settings. After deleting the phone shut the car down and then restart. Check the phone is deleted. Then pair it again. If that does not do it then you should ask a dealer. Might also be worth a quick search on the US Corvette forum.

try saying call then the name.

• Agree
Hmmmm... my voice recognition is actually pretty good on the GPS Nav. Phone is decent too but I still have a Z10 so maybe it likes it better....lol

The system in my Vette has nothing on my 2017 Ford Escape winter beater. The Ford Sync system is way better! I thought for sure that Vette and Caddy’s would be state of the art!

• Agree
GM is way behind on infotainment. The natural language and full Android/IOS integration on new models is about 5 years ahead (Audi and Merc leading the pack here, Tesla is in it's own category, Ford is definitely ahead too).

Hopefully GM can play catch up with the C8 BUT keep in mind unless it's running native Android and/or CarPlay (I don't mean the app, I mean native operating system) then it'll already be behind others.

A few OEMs are ditching their Native infotainment underlying operating system suppliers with Android and Apple variants which opens up a whole new world of opportunities like downloading a wider range of apps onto your car, much better speech and AI, proper mapping etc.

• Agree
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.