Apr 9, 2015
St.Albert, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8 HTC
Province
AB
So like everyone knows I previously owned a 1LT coupe. I wanted the cheapest C8 that I could get and I loved it. That being said visibility is limited unless you adjust your side mirrors. Anyone owned a 1LT coupe and switched to a 1LT HTC. Or anyone driven both and can give me an opinion about visibility out of HTC would be appreciated. I just can’t justify spending enough to get the 2LT HTC. Thanks.

Here is the answer to your question..
"visibility is limited unless you adjust your side mirrors"

That is true for every car ever made. I have driven both a C8 coupe and HTC and visibility is fine if your mirrors are adjusted properly. I have no problems with visibility in my HTC regardless of whether the rear view mirror is in normal or video mode.

So like everyone knows I previously owned a 1LT coupe. I wanted the cheapest C8 that I could get and I loved it. That being said visibility is limited unless you adjust your side mirrors. Anyone owned a 1LT coupe and switched to a 1LT HTC. Or anyone driven both and can give me an opinion about visibility out of HTC would be appreciated. I just can’t justify spending enough to get the 2LT HTC. Thanks.
You get the camera mirror on the 1LT HTC , so it's fine. You can only use the camera mirror with the roof up. Takes a little for your eyes to adjust, but overall a good feature.

Reactions: Climber17
Thom's correct as per above.

Had a 2LT coupe and immediately loved the rear view camera feature. Now that I have my 1LT HTC, I love that feature when top is up but when top down its really easy to see out the rear, shoulder check and watch your mirrors. Hands down 1LT HTC vs 2LT coupe.

Hey "violinfather"...I'll return the favour if you're interested in seeing my 2LT HTC and checking out its visibility for yourself. It's parked on a 4-post lift until Spring but quickly lowered down for your "viewing pleasure" if you'd like to sit in it and check it out. Send me a PM if interested and this w/e would be OK if you're looking to figure things out before ordering your next C8.

As stated, the 1LT HTC gets the rear view mirror camera. I took final delivery on a dark rainy night in October, and I was immediately comfortable with the visibility. I expected it to be an issue.

Reactions: Climber17
The 1LT does not get the blind side monitoring and the front-view cameras. It can be difficult looking over the buttresses at times and the blind side monitoring is great. Front view cameras are great for parking and avoiding curbs. Having said that, 2LT for the win......

• Agree
Reactions: Thom and Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.