Casual User
Oct 23, 2019
Welland
VetteCoins
Car
1996 LT4 conv
Province
ON
Hey there. Looking to put the hood strip on, match the roof panel and also the rear spoiler. Would like to do carbon flash to match the rest of the inserts and rear facia. Wondering if painting is better than wrapping. I realize wrapping can be removed but why spend the money and end up taking it off. I can remove the spoiler for ease of painting or wrapping. Car is in stored in garage so I can do this over the winter. Thanks in advance for the feed back.

Reactions: OttawaKev
If it's only a stripe and details, wrap. So, so, so much cheaper and easier to do.

The spoiler though, with the more complex, small details on it, would be better if painted.

Let me know if you're near Northumberland County. I can get you in touch with the guy who does all our work.

I was never a big fan of stripes until I saw the car I ended up buying.
DSC03653.JPG

Hey there. Looking to put the hood strip on, match the roof panel and also the rear spoiler. Would like to do carbon flash to match the rest of the inserts and rear facia. Wondering if painting is better than wrapping. I realize wrapping can be removed but why spend the money and end up taking it off. I can remove the spoiler for ease of painting or wrapping. Car is in stored in garage so I can do this over the winter. Thanks in advance for the feed back.

You are describing what I have done to my C7. I quite like the look, I think it makes the car look sportier, and if you tire of the look, the wrap is removable and the areas wrapped do help protect the car from chips.... less clear wrap needed. I definitely agree with the others who suggest you have a professional do it.

You are describing what I have done to my C7. I quite like the look, I think it makes the car look sportier, and if you tire of the look, the wrap is removable and the areas wrapped do help protect the car from chips.... less clear wrap needed. I definitely agree with the others who suggest you have a professional do it.

Thanks for the input Paul.

Wrap 100% contact Boss of Gloss who is on here "Dave" is his name.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Well I say you got some balls there. Looks good, I would be to afraid to take the leap of faith that it would turn out good. If you have a chance, post a couple of pics if the rear. Interested in seeing the blacked out lights....
It definitely was a tricky wrap. Just being in the parking lot a crowd was forming from the local businesses so it's going to be something else once I get the car on the streets.😀

Attachments

• IMG_3934.jpg
    IMG_3934.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3945.jpg
    IMG_3945.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 79
Pumpkinodin8844 .... I see you got the Morimotos!!! Im thinking hard on pulling the trigger on them. Are you happy with the fit and finish? Did you opt to connect the turn signal using the sequential option?
They fit perfect and was very simple to install. I feel like they were always meant to be there that's how good they are. I did opt for the sequential.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.