Not sure if we should be using the Forum for sales .... I believe I was told no.

That should not be a problem as he was just offering it up and referred to a private conversation to take place.

Yes an actual ad would need to go in the classified section.

There will be lots of Cs being offered up in the next few months I think from guys coveting the C8 🤣

That should not be a problem as he was just offering it up and referred to a private conversation to take place.

Yes an actual ad would need to go in the classified section.

There will be lots of Cs being offered up in the next few months I think from guys coveting the C8 🤣
Thanks so much for the clarification...06 goes way Oct 1

Reactions: ddgermann
Hi Demetri, I am thinking of selling my 2016 Z06 convertible 7 speed manual with 33000km sometime early next spring when I order new C8. I bought my z06 brand new (special order) . If you are interested my email [email protected].

Not sure if we should be using the Forum for sales .... I believe I was told no.
got it..sorry...

Your post didn't break any forum rules Rashwan. If you do decide to post an actual "For Sale", all we ask is that you use the forums Classified Section".

Welcome Demitri. If you want to start enjoying a car sooner, I would go with the C7 now and then start looking at C8s in the next couple years. You also seem to want to shift gears, and there's no replacement for that, so perhaps take the opportunity to enjoy it while available. If you end up liking the C8 more, you can upgrade, and if not, you'll have had a C7 for a couple years and can still keep enjoying it. It should be a buyers market now for 2018-2019 C7s.

There is quite a difference in power between a C7 GS and Z06, so should consider how much of a factor that is with how you want to use the car, what options you want, and how that fits in your budget. The C8 Z51 will be fundamentally different, but harder to quantify with the press cars are barely out and so few people have had seat time, you can barely vicariously experience the car through a reviewer let alone for yourself.

Thanks Creedence85, your advice makes sense and reflects my current thinking as well. Too late in the season anyhow.
I like the 2018/19 GS a lot, but really would like to give the Z06 a go. There’s a wide spread on prices right now. They had dropped somewhat leading up to ‘The Reveal’, but have actually gone up again now as C7 listings dwindle. Hopefully there’ll be more selection available as we get closer to Spring.
Feeling very uncomfortable about potential C8 quality issues. Logic dictates it will take a year or two to work out bugs and make minor improvements. Then there’s the expected markups. I’d also want to see if we get a decent convertible and manual available in a year or two. So yes, a 2018/19 Z06, MT sounds right.

Thanks Creedence85, your advice makes sense and reflects my current thinking as well. Too late in the season anyhow.
I like the 2018/19 GS a lot, but really would like to give the Z06 a go. There’s a wide spread on prices right now. They had dropped somewhat leading up to ‘The Reveal’, but have actually gone up again now as C7 listings dwindle. Hopefully there’ll be more selection available as we get closer to Spring.
Feeling very uncomfortable about potential C8 quality issues. Logic dictates it will take a year or two to work out bugs and make minor improvements. Then there’s the expected markups. I’d also want to see if we get a decent convertible and manual available in a year or two. So yes, a 2018/19 Z06, MT sounds right.

Yes the advice Creedence gave is good. All reports and signs are only DCT with a different number of gears depending on model will be available for the C8. So waiting for the feeding frenzy to die down, the bugs to get ironed out and the higher performance models will be a couple years.
Having the last model year of the corvette with a manual transmission is a pretty attractive idea.
And yes there is a major difference in prices with all the models that goes well past the basic trim level. The added options can go way past that and really add up as some of them are up to $9500 like the Z07 option.
So one has to really understand and compare prices based on option levels. Then the actual price comparison dealership to dealership is much easier to navigate.

Good luck and you can’t go wrong with the C7 of any model as they are really great to drive.

• Agree
Reactions: tyho
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread