In 1975/76 timeframe, Vette Set in Edmonton built a show car called the Wizard. It was a C3 body (forget what year) that was customized with a wagon kit and other features. It was finished in a white pearl with a Wizard airbrushed onto the hood. The wizard's wand had a star on it and a starburst from it with yellow and orange pearls. I believe it was entered into at least one car show. Now that I am a member of this forum, I was wondering if any knew what happened to this car. I do not have any photos

Reactions: turbozig
Is this what you were talking about? :p

$_35.jpg

Actually quite a good question. Hopefully some of the Alberta fellows can chime in. Speaking of Corvette Wagons, I found a pretty neat post on them. The C2 is actually quite interesting, but no showing of the Wizard Vette: Sheldon Aubut's Chevrolet Corvette Station Wagon site

Here’s some VETTE SET info I found on-line.

Vette-Set Edmonton

vette_set_b.jpg

Hi

Haven't seen anything about Vette wagons for a long time. Got into Corvettes shortly after college in the early '70s. Tried for years during late 60's when I dropped out of school to get an engineer in the company I worked for to sell me a '63 roadster he had. He wouldn't, and I went back to college, graduated and special ordered a '70 Dodge Challenger R/T 383 Magnum. About 6 months after delivery of the Challenger, Jim called to say he wanted to sell the Corvette. Being short of cash, I talked my younger brother into buying it. We both became active in Corvette clubs in Montana and in '74, I bought a '74 Coupe that I still have. (My brother also still has the '63.)

The Montana Corvette clubs, especially the Great Falls club, used to have several joint activities a year with Canadian clubs in Calgary and Edmonton.

One of the Edmonton members, Barry Stanley, owned a body shop/fiberglass manufacturing operation, "Vette Set MFG. Ltd.", 12633 -128 St. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5L 1C9, 452-1532, that produced do it yourself kits and finished Vette wagons. The last time I saw Barry was when I was on a business trip to Edmonton in about 1980. I do not know what happened to his molds etc., but someone connected with the Edmonton Corvette Clubs may know.

Somewhere, I also have some photos and slides of late 60's and early 70's conversions that were at Corvette meets in Montana, but I am not exactly certain where they are right now. I did locate a decal that Barry used to hand out at Vette Meets, scanned and attached it.

Have fun with your wagon!

Bill Clarkson [email protected]
Richland, WA

Graham

Attachments

• 2F62F84F-BBCE-44CC-8E20-CD7286C9A307.jpeg
    2F62F84F-BBCE-44CC-8E20-CD7286C9A307.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 7

View attachment 15281

Actually quite a good question. Hopefully some of the Alberta fellows can chime in. Speaking of Corvette Wagons, I found a pretty neat post on them. The C2 is actually quite interesting, but no showing of the Wizard Vette: Sheldon Aubut's Chevrolet Corvette Station Wagon site

View attachment 15281

The image is as good as any if I could come up with one, as I had that kind of animation.

Here’s some VETTE SET info I found on-line.

Vette-Set Edmonton

vette_set_b.jpg

Hi

Haven't seen anything about Vette wagons for a long time. Got into Corvettes shortly after college in the early '70s. Tried for years during late 60's when I dropped out of school to get an engineer in the company I worked for to sell me a '63 roadster he had. He wouldn't, and I went back to college, graduated and special ordered a '70 Dodge Challenger R/T 383 Magnum. About 6 months after delivery of the Challenger, Jim called to say he wanted to sell the Corvette. Being short of cash, I talked my younger brother into buying it. We both became active in Corvette clubs in Montana and in '74, I bought a '74 Coupe that I still have. (My brother also still has the '63.)

The Montana Corvette clubs, especially the Great Falls club, used to have several joint activities a year with Canadian clubs in Calgary and Edmonton.

One of the Edmonton members, Barry Stanley, owned a body shop/fiberglass manufacturing operation, "Vette Set MFG. Ltd.", 12633 -128 St. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5L 1C9, 452-1532, that produced do it yourself kits and finished Vette wagons. The last time I saw Barry was when I was on a business trip to Edmonton in about 1980. I do not know what happened to his molds etc., but someone connected with the Edmonton Corvette Clubs may know.

Somewhere, I also have some photos and slides of late 60's and early 70's conversions that were at Corvette meets in Montana, but I am not exactly certain where they are right now. I did locate a decal that Barry used to hand out at Vette Meets, scanned and attached it.

Have fun with your wagon!

Bill Clarkson [email protected]
Richland, WA

Graham

I worked there as an auto body apprentice for about a year and a half, and on that car, could have mentioned all that up front. The painter at that time was building a custom with Can-Am kit on it, but never saw it finished. I got thinking about the wagon kits, and other custom mods being done at that time and wondering what happened to all of these. I am helping with the corvette car display celebrating the 65th Anniversary of the Corvette that is being organized for the Cold Lake Air Show this summer and would be nice to see a custom corvette wagon, or any custom for that matter, show up there. There is more info the air show in the events section, but calling out all Corvettes.

I’m really hoping all generations are well represented. My parents are starting to understand my love for these cars and I think if anything,dad is going to take a real interest in a walk around more so than ever before.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread