Aug 9, 2020
Langley, BC
VetteCoins
Car
1981 Corvette
Province
BC
Just Curious...Anyone on this board ever done a Vertical Door Installation before?
Looks pretty cool.... :)
Was thinking about it for a project over the winter...
vette verticle door.jpg

Just Curious...Anyone on this board ever done a Vertical Door Installation before?
View attachment 42762

We've got a few members who have done this on a C7 but don't remember any lambo-ing a C3.... Be sure to let us follow along if you go ahead with this mod... :thumbs:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
We've got a few members who have done this on a C7 but don't remember any lambo-ing a C3.... Be sure to let us follow along if you go ahead with this mod... :thumbs:
Corvette Depot has the kit available, and, being in Canada, takes care of any Covid related delays regarding customs and duty etc...never mind the exchange rate.
A few other things to tackle first tho'.
But definitely, I'll post EVERYTHING... :p

View attachment 42762
I was thinking about doing this to my C3 when I first bought it. I even contacted the manufacturer of the people who make door hinges like Koenigsegg, the company was called Raptor doors but they never responded to me. After about a year though I lost interest in the idea because I thought it seemed a little ricey but I still thought it was unique and interesting. I still think Koenigsegg style doors on a C3 would be very cool.

Please let us know if you do this because I would love to see it.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
View attachment 42762

Hey @C3BCDave, here are some pictures from a 1980 C3 that was at a Wheels for Wishes several years back. A pretty cool mod, serious thick hardware used. I believe lots of 1/4" steel plate was used.
20170909_110525.jpg
20170909_110639.jpg
20170909_110612.jpg
20170909_110630.jpg

Reactions: Jr. Corvette
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.