BANNED
May 3, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
Here’s a few pics until I get home and load the 2 vids I made on a lot walkaround. The orange car is a Z06,not a Grand Sport as I call it in the first vid.

CCF9C191-F0D0-4116-A5A4-DA1649A4098D.jpeg
F952D518-0709-4509-B58E-0EB13D735B3B.jpeg
B9FCD5D5-B74D-418C-93B6-FF4A031B21C3.jpeg

Wow ... I know this dealer owner will have to absorb much if not all of the entire cost of repair along with heavy discounts
For those who would like and will accept a heavily discounted new corvette (once repaired) here’s an opportunity .... call Capital and ask for James D.
You’d think insurance would cover vandalism. Yes would be interesting to see what deep discount would be. Both are pretty loaded and currently at about 15% off msrp assuming with current Costco program which ends tomorrow. At least on these two damage appears confined to the bumper covers......but overall a bad situation.

I was there the day after to see a friend headed out with the Caravan to Bowling Green. Someone said 35 vehicles were involved and not just Corvettes. Some expensive trucks were also hit. I also took pictures but declined to post them. They have video of the figure that did this but said it was not detailed enough to make a positive ID. I DO agree that we really shouldn't post this kind of crap to reduce potential copycat morons trying the same thing with other dealers. Some dealers have installed fencing with barbed wire to keep people out of their property. While fences may eliminate "Sunday Shoppers" looking at new cars it's a prudent move by the dealerships to protect their inventory.

Moderators might want to consider deleting this thread to discourage giving other nuts any ideas. This dealer has enough grief without additional press coverage.

• Agree
Reactions: LE BARON
I respect you opinion and I'm not sure the dealer would be in a position to deny the damage to the cars to future buyers. If they do try to hide it they are setting themselves up as having questionable ethics. I have not and probably will not considered buying from them as they are so far away from my home so I don't have any skin in the game. My rational was and still is "who will gain" from this information?

Looks like some a-hole walked through the lot with a bottle of dot 3 brake fluid.

Likely some stupid kid thinking it was funny or possibly a disgruntled employee. My money would be on a mechanic recently let go. Knowledge of the lot and well aware of the hazards of getting brake fluid on paint.....

I find it hard to believe a dealer with that much money invested in inventory doesn't have the yard secure/guarded after hours or at least under video surveillance.....

• Agree
Reactions: LE BARON
Now this information ... I don’t like on our publicly open forum this way. Even if common knowledge resulting from shop accidents. Perhaps not reading the posts that precede this too as there appears to be video.

I too speculate it’s someone known to the dealership but lacking the clear physical evidence.
Meh, it's common knowledge to anyone familiar with working on cars in even the most basic capacity. Stating it doesn't make it any more (or less) likely to happen somewhere else.

And....it may help someone wheo splashes brake fluid on their paint while working on brakes and doesn't know to wash it off immediately by flushing with water and then a follow up with a soapy wash when able.

My money is on a disgruntled employee of some sort. Someone with knowledge of the lot and knowledge of certain "products".

I would still be very surprised if that lot is not (at least) under video surveillance.......RCMP could very well be analyzing pictures as we speak........if that's the case, I woudl tend to change my bet from an employee with knowledge of the lot to some dumb kid being a jack-A...... :Nono1:

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegas1500
Lads, it's a sad sight this but not the end of the world. Save your tempers for tomorrow's first day of school road circus extravaganza.

If any of you are worried about discussing info that you prefer not to be persisted and index we invite you to use our chat feature which is scrubbed every few days. It's what it was built for.

Like said it may be a disgruntled employee or some idiot who thinks all Corvette owners did not work for their money or that the cars are gas guzzlers.
All kinds of idiots out there who don't know s**t about the car.
Obviously targeted the high end vehicles.
There are always idiots around.
Need a good camera and even then if caught they would probably just get a slap on the wrist. If it was some kids under 18 then bring the parents to court as well.

Meh, it's common knowledge to anyone familiar with working on cars in even the most basic capacity. Stating it doesn't make it any more (or less) likely to happen somewhere else.

And....it may help someone wheo splashes brake fluid on their paint while working on brakes and doesn't know to wash it off immediately by flushing with water and then a follow up with a soapy wash when able.

My money is on a disgruntled employee of some sort. Someone with knowledge of the lot and knowledge of certain "products".

I would still be very surprised if that lot is not (at least) under video surveillance.......RCMP could very well be analyzing pictures as we speak........if that's the case, I woudl tend to change my bet from an employee with knowledge of the lot to some dumb kid being a jack-A...... :Nono1:
most probable scenario is the employee.
Telling people what was used is not the best of ideas. We see that all the time on the US channels and then get copycat idiots who now know what to use. Sufficient to say they were vandalized and leave it at that. Let the police do their job to find out who.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
most probable scenario is the employee.
Telling people what was used is not the best of ideas. We see that all the time on the US channels and then get copycat idiots who now know what to use. Sufficient to say they were vandalized and leave it at that. Let the police do their job to find out who.
Honestly, I have no idea what they used. There are any number of products available in any local hardware store that would do that. It could have been brake fluid, or it could have been an endless number of other chemicals.

If someone wanted to do that type of damage, they sure are not going to be looking on a corvette forum for the way to get it done. Google will tell them all they need to know in about 0.0000001 seconds.....

Wow. I didn’t expect this thread to get this kind of reaction. Seems like it’s touched a nerve only a few posts in. Certainly not the purpose of the vids guys.If the moderator feels it best to take down,go ahead. Myself,I see nothing wrong with it.

Looks like some a-hole walked through the lot with a bottle of dot 3 brake fluid.

Likely some stupid kid thinking it was funny or possibly a disgruntled employee. My money would be on a mechanic recently let go. Knowledge of the lot and well aware of the hazards of getting brake fluid on paint.....

I find it hard to believe a dealer with that much money invested in inventory doesn't have the yard secure/guarded after hours or at least under video surveillance.....
There are cameras on the corners of the building Tourmax. I don’t think it’s a recently fired employee myself. Dollars to donuts this is the work of some buzzed out neighbourhood punks roaming around at 2 in the morning causing trouble. Any employees would know about cctv and would be pretty stupid to come back.

Not to dredge up this sad story but for anyone interested and can overlook the repair see some hot deals on some of their cars that were impacted.... Labelling the damaged ones with what appears to be a "claim" symbol on the ads. Some at 25% off.... Even some good deals on non "claim" cars. Wonder how the paint repairs are warranted?

Here's one example...

Not to dredge up this sad story but for anyone interested and can overlook the repair see some hot deals on some of their cars that were impacted.... Labelling the damaged ones with what appears to be a "claim" symbol on the ads. Some at 25% off.... Even some good deals on non "claim" cars. Wonder how the paint repairs are warranted?

Here's one example...

The dealer said it was paint thinner. Cars are all repaired. They are totally open about the damage. Will give a repair report to a buyer if requested.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.