Jun 23, 2020
Ontarii
VetteCoins
Car
58, 2003
Province
ON
I have been asked to determine a value for estate purposes on a 2004 Commenrative Edition. As I understand at this early stage from only a few pics/phone chat it's dead stock except for battery, has about 3,000 or so miles and has been covered/stored last 5 yrs.. Most comps I'm seeing are higher miles and modified more or less. It's a Z-49 car by glove box label. How do I determine where this car falls in the production run. Any thoughts. Thx

I don't see this being worth much more than any other late model C5 in comparable condition so that would be a good place to start, especially if the estate doesn't want to be surprised by the assessed value not being realized in a sale. Commemorative editions like this are made to promote brand excitement and for collectors but will take a long time if at all to be worth anything significant.. Maybe there's a "more money than brains" collector somewhere willing to pay more but I wouldn't consider that market value.

Definitely need pics, coupe, convertible, or Z06, Canadian or US car, any other relevant history, was it properly prepped for long term storage, and based on that what's needed to get it running. A really low mileage car like this that hasn't been long term storage prepped could be a lot of work.

Z-49 means Cdn delivered . I'm told mileage is 4,200 km but haven't seen it in person yet. From these few pics just recd it looks showroom like I was told.
Coffee's have one very similar and 2 from Mecum SOLD are another comp source. Any useful thoughts, opinion , suggestions. Thx.

Attachments

• 20200816_135143.jpg
    20200816_135143.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200816_135216.jpg
    20200816_135216.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 20200816_135159.jpg
    20200816_135159.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200817_143600.jpg
    20200817_143600.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 64
I don't see this being worth much more than any other late model C5 in comparable condition so that would be a good place to start, especially if the estate doesn't want to be surprised by the assessed value not being realized in a sale. Commemorative editions like this are made to promote brand excitement and for collectors but will take a long time if at all to be worth anything significant.. Maybe there's a "more money than brains" collector somewhere willing to pay more but I wouldn't consider that market value.

Definitely need pics, coupe, convertible, or Z06, Canadian or US car, any other relevant history, was it properly prepped for long term storage, and based on that what's needed to get it running. A really low mileage car like this that hasn't been long term storage prepped could be a lot of work.
See update. Not an avg Commemorative car by any means. thx

Just my 2 cents but I still don't think it's worth much more than any low mileage 2004, and I think those who say otherwise are collector and auction snobs trying to drive up prices which isn't helping us enthusiast who like to experience cool cars. C5s aren't going crazy like 993 911s or 12 cyl Italian cars with manuals. Check Kelly Blue Book, autotempest.com to search for a number of listing sources, then adjust USD to CAD. Ultimately I'd be concerned with getting a potentially artificially inflated value and disappointing the estate when they can't realise the value if they want to sell, so best to err on the side of caution then if it sells for more the estate benefits.

Last edited:
That is a nice car. A 2004 FRC Z06 with low mileage. Yeah, I'd say it is a very nice car. This is exactly the car I would recommend a friend buy if he was looking for a used Corvette but I do not know what a retail price would be. Sorry about that...

You might want to check the Bring a Trailer (BaT) auction which is online. Many vettes going through there and you will get an idea of what people are paying.
A 2003 z06 on there now, present bid @23K (U.S)
Thx, I haven't looked there in awhile. I know several regular corvette sellers on there. This car has some stories and too many parts changed out for the ultra low mileage/poor storage/lack of periodic run in. My 03 50th has 13,000 kms, everything works, nothing has ever been changed except oil and filter. You have to use it even a little bit. I'm watching this one.

Reactions: Dik
Well that is good news for you!

FYI, I am a former C6 owner and a current C7 owner. It is not a secret that I think the C5 FRC especially the Z06 is a future collector and "select" cars like the one yours will appreciate in price.

:Cheers2:

Well that is good news for you!

FYI, I am a former C6 owner and a current C7 owner. It is not a secret that I think the C5 FRC especially the Z06 is a future collector and "select" cars like the one yours will appreciate in price.

:Cheers2:
Thank you. I have a chance to buy it but have some cars I have more attachment to. Not much upside in passing to a dealer/another collector and wanted some feedback on value.

Seeing that it is a Z-16 car, I would feel that the appropriate asking price would be around $45K considering very nice Z06's are in the high 20's. To get much more, you'd need someone specifically looking for a Z-16 car as once you get much higher in price, you start to get into C6Z price territory and there is more cross shopping occurring between Corvette models.

Reactions: 50th AEfan and Dik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.