I thought it was wild that under load the crank has about 20 degrees of twist and they grind the cam to compensate so as to keep the cam phasing for each cylinder where it should be in relation to the piston travel in each bore. These guys must be real wizards in all aspects of this build.

Different strokes for different folks. Yes there are other paths that are easier but I have to applaud these guys for doing it "just because". The sound of a V12 would be awesome.

Now lets have someone build a flip front end for the C5s just like the C4.

Different strokes for different folks. Yes there are other paths that are easier but I have to applaud these guys for doing it "just because". The sound of a V12 would be awesome.

Now lets have someone build a flip front end for the C5s just like the C4.

Your suggestion Wayne -- how about you stepping up and then we can applaud you.:D

C.

EDIT: and there's nothing but nothing like the rumble of a V8.

Last edited:
:agree: Sometime you have to ask yourself, why? But what an unbelievable job mating the two engines together!!!! Very, very impressive job!!!

Those little scale engines are hilarious! Would love to have one on a shelf at home, or to use as an alarm clock in the morning! :D

Your suggestion Wayne -- how about you stepping up and then we can applaud you.:D

C.

EDIT: and there's nothing but nothing like the rumble of a V8.

The sound of a V8 going through the gears is wonderful. I also have a particularly fond memory of watching a Ferrari GTO V12 accelerate up the back straight of Donnington Park and the sound of that is never to be forgotten.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.