Z06 supply

Yes Supply but not demand as the car is still sitting in there showroom and it's been there over a month, still listed in KIJIJI EDMONTON 117,230K US.

Yesterday there were 471 new Z06s offered on cars.com. VINs included 5603872, 5603869 and 5603866 - so it seems around 4,000 Z06s have now been produced. A couple of dozen used Z06s are also on offer in the USA. There is hope that the USA pipeline (touchy subject here in Alberta) will soon be filled, and Z06s will be shipped to us of the underclass in Canada. Perhaps the railways are too busy carrying oil to transport cars.

I read an article that quoted Tadge as saying they've increased production capacity up to between 7000 and 12000 Z's. Hard to imagine there not being a second round of Canadian allocations with that kind of volume... unless the dollar continues to fall.

I read an article that quoted Tadge as saying they've increased production capacity up to between 7000 and 12000 Z's. Hard to imagine there not being a second round of Canadian allocations with that kind of volume... unless the dollar continues to fall.

Most interesting. Where did you see this article quoting Tadge Juechter? The highest Z06 VIN I saw on cars.com today was 5604092, ,i.e. #4092 in the 2015 Z06 series. It is black/black, MSRP US$95,630, asking price US$87,000.

I have heard but couldn't find the article.. It doesn't really coincide with the fact that all indications are that May/June will be the final builds and they do have to build alongside the StingRays as well.

I have heard but couldn't find the article.. It doesn't really coincide with the fact that all indications are that May/June will be the final builds and they do have to build alongside the StingRays as well.

It would be sweet but given the timelines as you state, I can't see how they could build that many more extra Z06's before 2015 production ceases. I heard final build week of something like the week of June 22nd. Not sure how many Vettes come off the line in any given day? Do they work Saturday's. There could be about 75 production days left.

Just did a Google search and read back in 2014 about 160 Vettes come off the line daily, if accurate there is possible production of around another 12,000 that can be made in total. I could see another 3,000 possible Z06's if they have parts. Wishful thinking :D

Here is the article to back up the quote.

“We are ‘capacitizing’ for volumes of 8,000 to 12,000 vehicles,” he tells WardsAuto. That’s a pretty good clip, one never seen for past generations of the Z06."

Corvette Z06 Tutorial: Know Your Limits | Test Drives content from WardsAuto

Current VINs listed in forums are up to 4141. Not every car is listed nor are casual car owners on forums. There has also been delays in shipping the autos. A whole bunch of cars held in QC etc. Many builds have sat 4 weeks from what I have heard. Numbers will jump once these cars find their owners.

Fingers crossed, build, build, build!

It would be sweet but given the timelines as you state, I can't see how they could build that many more extra Z06's before 2015 production ceases. I heard final build week of something like the week of June 22nd. Not sure how many Vettes come off the line in any given day? Do they work Saturday's. There could be about 75 production days left.

Just did a Google search and read back in 2014 about 160 Vettes come off the line daily, if accurate there is possible production of around another 12,000 that can be made in total. I could see another 3,000 possible Z06's if they have parts. Wishful thinking :D

Early last November there was a report from Bowling Green to the effect that Z06s were being produced at the rate of seven per hour. BG was operating 40 hours per week. 7 x 40 = 280 Z06s per week.

Production is more than the 280 speculated above at this time. They are cranking out about 70 Z's a day at this point. Production started November 10th and end of Feb numbers are about 4200 cars. That included a lower rate of production as they started. Then as they became more familiar with things/the build, production was slowly ramped up. So factor that in along with November being a short and slow ramp up month. Then shutdown for Christmas time etc. February was also a short month...and that gave us 4200 cars. Now the line is running faster as well as some parts supply issues sorted out. Production is shutting down June 26th. Also if stingray orders drop off.....I wouldn't think GM would let a line run producing less cars than they could manufacture. Especially if they have parts and orders with money down in the system waiting.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.