I don't think so. The frame looks to be made of galvanized steel. The suspension and driveline is aluminum so nothing should rust.
body_panels.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't like it is necessary to undercoat the frame rails. I drive about the same as you, if it's raining the car stays inside, but if I happen to get caught in the rain oh well.
I just cleaned in the engine bay and the frame rails still look almost new other than being dusty.

Hi all, is it necessary, or a good idea to undercoat the frame rails on a C5. I don't drive it in the winter, and do not drive it in the rain unless I get caught in itJust wondering.
I just sold my 98 after driving it for 15 years (have a C7 now), and drove it daily for 8 months of the year...rain, sun...you name it...I just put it away when they started salting the roads in Toronto. Even then a couple of times I got caught out in that...so brought it to the auto car wash & had it sprayed underneath before putting it away. When I sold it at age 21, there wasn't a spot of corrosion underneath. So my advice would be not to worry about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread