Apr 9, 2019
St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province
ON
Hey all. in the process of switching all in interior and exterior lights to LEDS, but in the package I received, the engine bay light is flat, and what I need is the one with the twisted ends so the light faces downward. Is there anywhere in Canada I can purchase this bulb, and if so where? also what is the part number. Have a great day.

Hey JSH .... just changed mine a week ago, at the time of ordering I wasn't aware of the need for the 'twisted loop' type lamp .... lamp is #561 ..... can be sourced on EBay, not sure about Amazon ..... just ensure it is noted as 'twisted loop' ..... by the way the regular standard loop lamp does work, and even though it faces "sideways", I found that it is still plenty bright .... miles above the standard ....

Reactions: Riley P
Hey JSH .... just changed mine a week ago, at the time of ordering I wasn't aware of the need for the 'twisted loop' type lamp .... lamp is #561 ..... can be sourced on EBay, not sure about Amazon ..... just ensure it is noted as 'twisted loop' ..... by the way the regular standard loop lamp does work, and even though it faces "sideways", I found that it is still plenty bright .... miles above the standard ....

Thanks Archman, tried to put L.E.D.,s in the sun visor, forget that, much to difficult to get the old bulbs out, and I have an automatic, and was going to put them in the shifter, but the amount of work involved I can not really see the point. The ones underneath the rear view mirror I might take a look at. Its never ending, LOL.

JSH ........... check out YouTube for video's on changing out the automatic shifter bulb to LED ..... believe there is more than one there .... as far as vanity lamps in the sun visor I haven't seen that or checked out mine as yet .... believe the rear view mirror map reading lamps are already based on LED from the factory ...........

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.