Casual User
Ontario You're Celebrated
Sep 20, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
1998 C5 Corvette
Province
ON
Has anyone dyno'd their stock C8 and subsequently had it tuned? Are there files that one can load to improve the fuel curve, air, etc?

I had my C5 procharged car tuned and what a difference...

Thanks guys.
Vijay

Must be some way to get around it as ATI (Procharger) can bolt on the blower....... secondary ECU to modify the fuel curve?

You can run a piggy back system off the stock ECU. Holley Dominator runs about $3000 USD, plus install and a tuner's time.

You won't gain much on a stock C8 from a tune that warrants spending that sort of money. If you are going forced induction and spending $20K on a kit with install, then I can see why someone would want the option to fiddle with mapping.

Must be some way to get around it as ATI (Procharger) can bolt on the blower....... secondary ECU to modify the fuel curve?

From what I've gleaned all 'tuning' is by way of piggyback units or adding a parallel ECU together with ancillary fuel delivery systems. The actual live ECU on the C8 has not been cracked and may likely not be in the near future. Unfortunately to facilitate OTA updates GM has bestowed the gift of a fully encrypted ECU on everyone killing a large part of the performance aftermarket.

Where there's a will there's a way though so I'm sure someone will figure out a bypass eventually.

Tuning a NA engine takes a lot of money for marginal gain (headers, exhaust). The only route is adding turbos or a SC... very expensive. You can check Emilia Hartford on YT.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.