Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Hi all, this is my second season with my 09 C6 and my first order of business is an exhaust mod. I've decided to go with the Corsa Sport. Can anyone give me a tip on a trustworthy shop near Red Deer, Alberta where I can get work done without losing sleep at night? Any tips would be much appreciated....and No... not interested in doing it myself.... thanks.. love the forum...

Is it the whole exhaust from cats back? if so It's totally unbolt and bolt on, no cutting pasting, so any shop that specializes in exhaust is fine. Prob 1.5 hours at most. Now you have to make sure they can do low profile cars that's it really.
It's so easy even I did my own. Replaced my H with the Tru X crossover and axle back.

Hey Bearly Flying can I take you up on that offer? I have to just change out the axles back to the NPP Exhaust.

Rruuff Day if you don't want to do it yourself you can go to exhaust shop at north end of Red Deer. Owners name is Daryl Southwick. Friend of mine (Mustang guy) trusts him and he can work with large pipe also. PM me for the shop name.

Hi.

Long time no post for me. However, if you're still looking, I had Moretto Motorsportz do my Corsa Sports. I dealt with Ryan--very professional, and if you go there, you will see some BOSS cars in their bays. They did a nice job.

I'd recommend getting some headers and high flow cats with the Corsas. Then you have a lifetime warranty stainless steel system. The only future exhaust issues you might have would be to replace the cats. The extra power and sound was well worth it. I've mentioned this elsewhere on the forum too--this has easily been my favourite mod on a fairly heavily modded C6. The bonus was that Moretto happened to get me Corsas at the best price I was able to find anywhere as well.

Good luck--either way you'll love the Corsas. If you ever want a dose of the, before buying, look me up in Edmonton!

trustworth near red deer

Huge thanks to all post replies. Tried a couple places a little more local and either got no return reply or the dollars didn't make sense. Finally ordered the Corsa and a VaraRam from Manny at DaSilva... can see why lots like him... really helpful... Patiently waiting now for the knock on the delivery door... Have an install lined up for the Corsa... the VaraRam install scares me a bit....I have trouble setting a mouse trap let alone trying to follow the VaraRam install directions. The whole shroud removal/cutting thing scares the hell out of me.... ok.... so I'm honest....Know of any shops around that have installed this type of CAI? Contacted Davenport and they said thanks but no thanks....

Huge thanks to all post replies. Tried a couple places a little more local and either got no return reply or the dollars didn't make sense. Finally ordered the Corsa and a VaraRam from Manny at DaSilva... can see why lots like him... really helpful... Patiently waiting now for the knock on the delivery door... Have an install lined up for the Corsa... the VaraRam install scares me a bit....I have trouble setting a mouse trap let alone trying to follow the VaraRam install directions. The whole shroud removal/cutting thing scares the hell out of me.... ok.... so I'm honest....Know of any shops around that have installed this type of CAI? Contacted Davenport and they said thanks but no thanks....

Moretto installed mine, cutting the shroud is a careful job--my guy there has done dozens. I watched him do the entire thing. I imagine they will, but you might need to check. I also heard of light speed innovatins right in Red Deer.

I don't think I can make it to Ponika this year--I believe I am on Daddy Duty--it's the first weekend in May, right?

I did the same as XLR8r, the Corsa with long tube headers. Make sure u use the hi-flow cats if u decide to go with headers. You wont be happy with running without them. Eyes water just walking around the car. I also had to put some relief cuts in the pipes so as to get proper pressure with clamps. Was an LG problem. I loved the instal and sound of the Corsa's. Good choice.

Yes for Moretto

I'm with xlr8r and give Moretto a huge up-vote. Competitive prices, they're happy to show a customer around the shops and there is always wicked cars in the shop.

If you get the chance listen to xlr8r's car .... :coolgleam:

Dick

Hi.

Long time no post for me. However, if you're still looking, I had Moretto Motorsportz do my Corsa Sports. I dealt with Ryan--very professional, and if you go there, you will see some BOSS cars in their bays. They did a nice job.

I'd recommend getting some headers and high flow cats with the Corsas. Then you have a lifetime warranty stainless steel system. The only future exhaust issues you might have would be to replace the cats. The extra power and sound was well worth it. I've mentioned this elsewhere on the forum too--this has easily been my favourite mod on a fairly heavily modded C6. The bonus was that Moretto happened to get me Corsas at the best price I was able to find anywhere as well.

Good luck--either way you'll love the Corsas. If you ever want a dose of the, before buying, look me up in Edmonton!

Moretto installed mine, cutting the shroud is a careful job--my guy there has done dozens. I watched him do the entire thing. I imagine they will, but you might need to check. I also heard of light speed innovatins right in Red Deer.

I don't think I can make it to Ponika this year--I believe I am on Daddy Duty--it's the first weekend in May, right?
hey there xlr8r. thx for the tips. I emailed moretto but didn't get a response. no matter. have found a place in red deer. btw, the ponoka meet is May 23. weather permitting, I will be the newbe there.... ciao, Eric

Hey Bearly Flying can I take you up on that offer? I have to just change out the axles back to the NPP Exhaust.

Rruuff Day if you don't want to do it yourself you can go to exhaust shop at north end of Red Deer. Owners name is Daryl Southwick. Friend of mine (Mustang guy) trusts him and he can work with large pipe also. PM me for the shop name.
Wholly crap Paul you know Southwick as well, known Darly since 93, played slow pitch with him ands Sheila for quite a few years, he has done all my exhaust work on all my vehicles over the years he is a good guy to deal with

Rob

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.