Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
The trunk on our C8 only pops up 1/4 of an inch. No big deal until one is wearing gloves. The late 4th gen Camaros had the trunk release mechanism changed to a different manufacturer and the spring wasn't strong enough to pop the the lid high enough. The fix for that was a helper spring one bought from Home Depot.
I know there are the rubber bumpers that one can adjust, but I'm afraid that might make it harder to close or change the lid alignment.
Before I start messing with things I was wondering what the randoms on the internet thought.

The trunk on our C8 only pops up 1/4 of an inch. No big deal until one is wearing gloves. The late 4th gen Camaros had the trunk release mechanism changed to a different manufacturer and the spring wasn't strong enough to pop the the lid high enough. The fix for that was a helper spring one bought from Home Depot.
I know there are the rubber bumpers that one can adjust, but I'm afraid that might make it harder to close or change the lid alignment.
Before I start messing with things I was wondering what the randoms on the internet thought.
My question would be Why are you wearing gloves when you're driving the Corvette?.... Then I remembered there are people who disrespe....errrr.... drive their Vettes in the winter.... :rolleyes:

Update: The rubber bumpers don't do anything for the pop up height, but spraying the mechanism with WD40 did the trick. It now pops up to easily get fingers under it.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Maybe you've lost some of the fat on your fingers since November... ;)
IMG_1641.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread