Sep 19, 2017
Ayr Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2010 Coupe M6 Blade
i get this error message when I try to view pics...can anyone explain how I fix it or what it is about? Do I have to have a paid photo bucket account?

Attachments

• A020259D-CE27-4C5B-A6D2-EECCCA14A810.jpeg
    A020259D-CE27-4C5B-A6D2-EECCCA14A810.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 9
The word on this is Photobucket changing their system to a User Pay. Supposedly to post a link to your pictures on PB, you need to buy an annual subscription fo $ 399.00 or some such thing.... Not sure of the validity of this but whatever... I don't use their site anyway

546259-photobucket-3rd-party-hosting-broken-image.jpg

Since 2003, the popular photo hosting service Photobucket has been letting users upload and host images for free on their servers. They have over 10 billion images stored by 100 million registered users. But now they’re going to start charging, and that means billions of images around the Web are now broken.

Hotlinking (AKA inline linking) is when someone takes an image file hosted on a server and embeds it on a different webpage elsewhere. Since the new webpage continuously requests the file from the original source server, it saps the server owner’s bandwidth (and storage space).

Photobucket allowed hotlinking photos uploaded to and stored on its servers for a long time. This was their business model, and they made money from ads on their own site, which users would be exposed to when they went to upload content.

Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things are about to change in a big way as of June 26th. Now the service is rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere. That means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question.

Kevin, Photobucket went from a free photo hosting/sharing site to a pay to use. If you did not pay all your posted photos got that stupid message.

I cannot tell you how many historically significant forum threads were completely ruined by that action.

Nothing you can do, if the poster did not pay the ransom the pic is gone.

I use Imgur and it works well but someday it may happen there as well.

I’ve been slowly going back to my posts and editing the pictures back in.
Takes time.

If they are pictures that will help you why not send a pm to the OP...
Hopefully they are still active on the forums
maybe they can fix the post or send the pictures to you direct.

Graham

I’ve been slowly going back to my posts and editing the pictures back in.
Takes time.

If they are pictures that will help you why not send a pm to the OP...
Hopefully they are still active on the forums
maybe they can fix the post or send the pictures to you direct.

Graham

Thanks guys I understand now. Yes I did pm a poster for a pic...but it was not available....oh well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.