Status
Not open for further replies.
Be aware of buying used as I have been told the C7 transparent roof is different from C7-2014 thru to part of C7-2016
and then it changed from mid C7-2016 thru to now ... I have a mid C7-2016 and wasn't able to use one from a C7-2015
that I found on Kijiji ... So you should post your C7 production date too. If you have a C7-2016 you might want to do a fit before buying.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiroB
Be aware of buying used as I have been told the C7 transparent roof is different from C7-2014 thru to part of C7-2016
and then it changed from mid C7-2016 thru to now ... I have a mid C7-2016 and wasn't able to use one from a C7-2015
that I found on Kijiji ... So you should post your C7 production date too. If you have a C7-2016 you might want to do a fit before buying.

The difference is the pins and receivers. Assuming you are driving an earlier C7, in Mid 2016 they were changed to larger pins due to rattle complaints. (The white pins I believe) There is a kit to upgrade available if you buy an older roof for a mid 2016 car or newer or vice versa. Tons of good info on this if you search a bit around with Google.

I just bought a mint used clear roof for my Z from Frank so I went through the process of identifying the differences. The roof is on my car now and it fit like a glove.

Good luck @Crazy_mtb_2002

The difference is the pins and receivers. Assuming you are driving an earlier C7, in Mid 2016 they were changed to larger pins due to rattle complaints. (The white pins I believe) There is a kit to upgrade available if you buy an older roof for a mid 2016 car or newer or vice versa. Tons of good info on this if you search a bit around with Google. I just bought a mint used clear roof for my Z from Frank so I went through the process of identifying the differences. The roof is on my car now and it fit like a glove.
:Wideyed: Dang it :Banghead:
Are you telling me @ddgermann that I actually did not have to buy another C7 :angelic:
just so I could get the optional second transparent roof from it for my first C7 ? :bucktooth: :Arghh:

Last edited:
I have all the hardware from my 15, just scratched the outside! Dealer quoted me 1000 for the shell, but I'm sure there's places that would be cheaper

Actually that price seems reasonable from your dealer. Perhaps you may find a shell or an entire roof in new condition for less but based on my quest for a second roof and how quick they sell privately I honestly doubt it. I think the roof assembly is a $2000 option but I may be mistaken.

Check this out. Looks like you maybe can get a new panel real cheap after all.

Corvette Roof Panel: Sunroof, Convertible & Hardtop | eBay

I see the panel bag I’m ordering right now! 1/4 of the Dealer price.

Status
Not open for further replies.