Jun 7, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
C8 Corvette
Province
ON
When ordering my C8 Corvette I was thinking of getting the transparent roof panel, but one thing I noticed is there is no inside shade cover for this panel. I like how it looks & allows extra light into the car, since I'm going with a black interior. When it's hot & sunny outside does this add to much heat & light inside the vehicle??
All my other vehicles have always had a inside shade cover that I can close in times like this, but the car doesn't have that option. How do you like this roof ?

When ordering my C8 Corvette I was thinking of getting the transparent roof panel, but one thing I noticed is there is no inside shade cover for this panel. I like how it looks & allows extra light into the car, since I'm going with a black interior. When it's hot & sunny outside does this add to much heat & light inside the vehicle??
All my other vehicles have always had a inside shade cover that I can close in times like this, but the car doesn't have that option. How do you like this roof ?
The transparent roof is great for airiness and a more open feeling in the car. The down side is the sun can get a bit much on a very long drive. I drove for 14 hrs and then had a headache because of the constant sun. Learned my lesson. I now use the painted top for long drives and the transparent one for the not so long, fun drives.

Love my transparent roof on my C7 ZR1. It didn't come with the car when I bought it but I found a seller with the same car that didn't want his roof so I jumped on it.

If there is no cover inside for it at the moment I'm sure the afkt will have 1 once these C8 cars are on the road more. I don't plan on getting one of those covers for my roof I like looking up and seeing through it. Once time I was driving down hwy 27 near the airport and a plane was coming in for a landing OMG it was like looking up and seeing the bottom of the plane only like 20-30 feet above my car. AWESOME!!!!!

I got both the exposed carbon and the Lexan roof with my C7. I also had both roofs for my C6. The lexan is quite tinted but it still transfers a lot more heat than the carbon fibre. It is also noticeably heavier than the CF roof when it comes to removing it. And I really like the looks of the CF roof better. That being said, the Lexan roof has only been on my C7 once and it resides in a roof box on the shelf in my shop. When I want to see the sky or low flying airplanes, I just take the CF roof off.

This is how i did both top on my C8 . I wanted it to look more like the other two keeping the same theme . Now its about the drive . I think i did it justice would like your opinions.

Attachments

• E621DC67-767F-4921-8A12-2F8EB7E87292.jpeg
    E621DC67-767F-4921-8A12-2F8EB7E87292.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
  • A1D5911A-DC08-41F1-9494-7C2B58A446A9.jpeg
    A1D5911A-DC08-41F1-9494-7C2B58A446A9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • B516F9AB-CF4F-4407-BACD-A5B4BB273894.jpeg
    B516F9AB-CF4F-4407-BACD-A5B4BB273894.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
  • 2FA9D051-51D2-45DA-BAA5-51BDE627EFD1.jpeg
    2FA9D051-51D2-45DA-BAA5-51BDE627EFD1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
  • 3C9EFF85-703E-49EB-830E-C6BA4084F078.jpeg
    3C9EFF85-703E-49EB-830E-C6BA4084F078.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
I have the transparent roof and would not get it again. I find the sun shines in too much and it makes it difficult to see sometimes. I asked about getting the roof tinted darker and they said they did not recommend it. Can’t remember why but I think it had something to do with it may not adhere well.
I wrapped the window frame and back to the rear camera. Really like the look.208451AD-725F-4FFF-83D4-1160CD26E80F.jpeg

Reactions: Bucketoy
This is how i did both top on my C8 . I wanted it to look more like the other two keeping the same theme . Now its about the drive . I think i did it justice would like your opinions.
I love the body colour on the ends of the lexan transparent top. Did you have any issue painting the lexan? Did you clear the whole roof after paint?

I believe the sales guy I was talking to suggested wrapping the side edges of the transparent roof panel to match the body. I really like the way you did your roof, if I do go with the transparent roof panel I think I'll get things wrapped the way you did it, that way it's very easy to go back to the factory look if the next owner doesn't like the way it looks. Personally I like how the windshield, roof & back window all blend into each other.

Reactions: Vettman