Feb 15, 2012
Wellesley,ON
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Since the weather has been completely brutal lately and I haven't been driving the Vette, I figured that I would change the transmission fluid in the Vette for the upcoming season.
I had just done the differential fluid last week (see other thread), but ram out of time to do the Transmission fluid at that time. I used Royal Purple Synchromax. I bought 4 bottles, but it actually took about 3 1/2 bottles to fill the trans. Fingers crossed for warm weather. This is ridiculous.
IMG_20160409_161844.jpg
IMG_20160409_161844.jpg
IMG_20160409_161713.jpg

Reactions: Nik
Hey Black, I'm not trying to make anyone look bad. LOL! Just bored with this weather.

I do use hockey pucks, but I also have a jacking puck set (well 3 out of 4 now) as well as jack stands and wheel chocks. You can never be too safe.

Tag along all you want. The more the merrier!! Come on warm weather!!

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Just changing the trans fluid in my '02 as well. I watched a video on it and the guy showed to fill it on the pass side where there's a sensor on the plug, but on mine the "FILL" hole is a bit lower and on the drivers side and plainly marked "FILL". If it was filled on the other side where he said it would be too full, right !? Am I missing something here?