This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Transmission fluid changechange

Feb 15, 2012
Wellesley,ON
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Since the weather has been completely brutal lately and I haven't been driving the Vette, I figured that I would change the transmission fluid in the Vette for the upcoming season.
I had just done the differential fluid last week (see other thread), but ram out of time to do the Transmission fluid at that time. I used Royal Purple Synchromax. I bought 4 bottles, but it actually took about 3 1/2 bottles to fill the trans. Fingers crossed for warm weather. This is ridiculous.

Reactions: Nik
Hey Black, I'm not trying to make anyone look bad. LOL! Just bored with this weather.

I do use hockey pucks, but I also have a jacking puck set (well 3 out of 4 now) as well as jack stands and wheel chocks. You can never be too safe.

Tag along all you want. The more the merrier!! Come on warm weather!!

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Just changing the trans fluid in my '02 as well. I watched a video on it and the guy showed to fill it on the pass side where there's a sensor on the plug, but on mine the "FILL" hole is a bit lower and on the drivers side and plainly marked "FILL". If it was filled on the other side where he said it would be too full, right !? Am I missing something here?