Shayne

Regular
You're a Regular 2 You're 10 Completionist Award
Dec 1, 2010
VetteCoins
looking for a transmission cooler, apparently I need to find out what size I need as in the dimensions, before I order one. I have a 2005 c6 with the 4l60 4 spd. does anyone know or have a part number for one? I called summit amd they told me I need to have some dimensions before I order. having some issues when I autocross the car. so I think maybe a little more fluid capacity will help.

Many different sizes and shape. You have to mesure the available space where you want it and the size of the hoses you will use. You may also use modele like this one to avoid restriction on the air flow to the rad. Also make sure you use hoses specific for transmission, fuel hose are often use to save a few $$ but they get hard like wood and leak. I think I would sent an email to Many at Dasilvamotorsport, I am pretty sure he already did that mod on other cars like yours, he may have the right part # and probably can supply it to you. BTW I just google it and picked an image, this not a specific part number suggestion. Post some pictures when you done, might help somebody. Good luck

External Transmission Cooler - Big Dog Performance Parts

as seems to be the habit, Manny came through for me and gave me a part number. as summit guys were not able to help me, other than tell me to measure to see what size I need. even though I input my make and model as info. one would think that the system would be able to have the knowledge based on the fact that a c6 corvette would probably be the same from year to year and the fact it is a 11 yr old car. many many thanks to Manny. a few more yars and a engine trns combo will be coming to DaSilva motorsports and maybe some suspension upgrades as well. depending on how much money I have left. haha.