Aug 14, 2017
British Columbia
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Z06
Hi guys looking for some advice on my 2006 z06. I currently have davenports 660 NA package and plan on doing a magnuson heartbeat S/C down the line. Obviously the stock clutch and t56 is way underrated for this. I plan on doing some drag racing here and there but for the most part it will be a street car. I would still like to build it to safely handle more power than it will have though.

I've been trying to get ahold of RPM transmissions out of Illinois but their customer service hasn't been the greatest.

Hoping for some suggestions on who to go to, to build my tranny and what clutch to pair with it. Preferably in Canada. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi Jeremy..
Have you caught up with the Corvettes North group?
They are serious Autocross racers and run some power in their toys.
They might know where to get this kind of work done.

Post a couple of pics and give us your story.

Graham

Hi Jeremy, and welcome aboard!

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't happy with RPM. I have heard lots of mixed stories of them (both good and bad), and have never had any issues with them myself, but I also haven't broken anything they've built. First impressions are very important, but they do make really good stuff.

I have a TR6060 in my car with a Monster Stage III clutch. The TR6060 can take quite a bit more power than the T56, which is why GM went that route with newer Z06s instead of trying to beef up the T56.

Have you talked with Davenport lately? I believe Steve has an RPM TR6060 on the showroom floor right now.

I've heard lots of good stuff about the McLeod's RXT and RST clutches. Obviously, I would suggest research on them but as of now, that's what I plan on using when I have forced induction installed on my car, however, my power numbers aren't going to be anywhere near yours. Keep us updated on the transmission. This is something else I would like to look into.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread