Jun 8, 2009
Woodstock
VetteCoins
Car
2002 C5
Has anyone used the new transition tint film. I am told it performs just like eyeglasses using it do going dark in intense sunlight and lightening in low light. This would help eliminate poor night visibility issues. I briefly saw a new Dodge Charger just after being done but was unable to get up close. It was applied to the car's windshield and looked very interesting.

Even in the free state of Alberta, tinting the windshield is a big no-no to Mr Buford T Justice in these parts. I think... You can get away with it if you have a doctors prescription for it for light sensitive eyes, iritis, diabetes etc.

Has anyone used the new transition tint film. I am told it performs just like eyeglasses using it do going dark in intense sunlight and lightening in low light. This would help eliminate poor night visibility issues. I briefly saw a new Dodge Charger just after being done but was unable to get up close. It was applied to the car's windshield and looked very interesting.

Hey guys....I can chime in a tad here with respect to Transition tint...I'm an Optometrist that deals with tinting lenses on a regular basis. The main activator for any photochromic product is Ultraviolet light...the windshield and side windows have UV inhibitors in them...which is why those with Transition lenses in their glasses are often disappointed they don't achieve a sunglass tint while driving. Having said that....some of the competitors to "Transition" (trademark) lenses is that they have some photoelectric effect which means they will darken slightly based on brightness (not UV). So...if someone walks into a bright auditorium...they will darken slightly for comfort. I would imagine these window tints are activated by the "photoelectric" mechanism......

Just IMHO.......

Dr. Fitzy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread