Sep 8, 2019
Fort Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
Car
1980 Coupe
Province
AB
Ok folks...I've done some research on this and I see LOTS of comparisons and opinions. But, I want to talk to people that have actually done the swap! Going from the TH350 in my '80 to either a 700R4 or a 200-4R. I know the differences, parts needed etc. But who can tell me about their personal experience doing this??? I am doing the motor this winter and since I'm that deep into it, may as well do the transmission too. Help!

Its been a while but I did the swap back around 1994. I used a 700r4 from an 87 Corvette and swapped out the Turbo 400 from my 74. I still own the car and everything has held together through some very spirited slalom racing and highway driving.

Reactions: Beegle17
I recently dropped an LS1 engine with a 4L60E transmission into my 80 Corvette. I changed the tail stock so I could retain the mechanical driven speedometer. It worked quite well. The only problem I’m having is finding the correct driven gear for the speedometer. They are discontinued by GM. The engine swap wasn’t entirely trouble free, most problems were self inflicted , but we worked through them and I am really enjoying driving the car.

1636601199564.png
star wars eye roll GIF by Hyper RPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread