Mar 31, 2020
Awards
Tiny, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8 HTC
Province
ON
As a couple of you already know, I had some transmission issues. Thought I would inform everyone of what happened over the period of a little over a month.

Check engine light came on. Car was behaving normally. Local dealer cleared it and said see if it comes back. It might have just been an anomaly.
Light came back on after 100 kms. They contacted GM tech and were told to flush a solenoid.

CEL came back on 20 kms later.
This time they flushed several (three?) solenoids.

CEL came back on during test drive. GM said to replace trans fluid, both trans filters and the valve body. Dealer said I could leave the car at dealership (outside) or I could park it indoors at home while they waited for the parts. You all know what I did.

Took two weeks for all the parts to come in. All the work was done over two days.

When done, the service tech went to enter the codes into the car's computer so it would recognize the new parts. Car would not accept them.

A week later GM finally updated their master database with the part numbers of the new parts and the codes were entered late yesterday. Picked up the car this morning.

As an aside, the paperwork I now have says that if the work done does not resolve the trans problem it will mean a transmission replacement.

My servicing dealer has been excellent throughout the entire process. Car was never left outside. I watched PDR videos of all the test drives and all were done sanely.

Last edited:

crazylegs

Regular
Sep 10, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
challenger for now
Province
AB
Good to here had the same issues with my car they finally replaced the valve body, 17 hour job. 500 km later everything is still ok. Putting it away this weekend for the winter. Hopefully problem doesn’t recur in the spring. Same as you the next step would be a new transmission.

Reactions: Thom

CamsC8

Regular
Feb 16, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
That is a RV...
Province
ON
Ditto on the same transmission issues, two trips to the dealership and having the dual filters and solenoid replaced; zero issues since.

Reactions: Maximus74 and Thom

AdC821

Casual User
May 23, 2021
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
ON
You guys are all luck can't say the same for mine. My car as been back to the dealer 5 times transmission replaced and we're still having problems. Problems started 3 days after I picked it up..

CamsC8

Regular
Feb 16, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
That is a RV...
Province
ON
You guys are all luck can't say the same for mine. My car as been back to the dealer 5 times transmission replaced and we're still having problems. Problems started 3 days after I picked it up..
Sorry to hear. That's frustrating and I'd be pissed.

AdC821

Casual User
May 23, 2021
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
ON
Very pissed. Gm engineers came down and did a diagnostic and now they want to try new coding..

Users who are viewing this thread