You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
Loading my car into my enclosed trailer on Saturday. I have trailered many hotrods but thinking this will be more challenging. I know the factory frame slots are the ideal place but highly doubt i will be able to reach them in this situation. I am thinking through the wheel spokes with high quality padded axle straps with thick microfiber towels under them to hopefully prevent damage to the wheel finish. Don't have wheel nets but may have to look at them as an option. I have heard mixed messages on using ththe engine cradle as a tie down point. Suggestions welcome.

Dan, I have heard it suggested that taking heavy wool socks and cutting the toes off works. Slip them over the strap where they pass over the wheel. Some people suggest keeping a pair in the car just in case of an emergency. Those enclosed trailers are great but don't give you much room to work.

Good luck with the move.

Reactions: Dantanman
Thanks, I think these new, very thick microfiber cloths will do the trick, but neat idea with the socks! I was debating on taking the open trailer as it is 10 times easier to pull and maneuver but I could not drag a brand new through potential slop/rocks on the roads especially with the large rocks that pass for road sand in BC!

That did cross my mind and is something I will certainly look at although I don't think my straps will tie into the small factory frame slots.

Can Tire, Princess Auto come to mind, for proper tie downs.
Straps.... $20-$25.
C7.....>$100,000
Doing it right....priceless.
(apologies.......couldn't resist)

If the straps you have are large / wide......can you use them to 'circle' each tire.....i.e. wrap the strap around the tire / rubber (hard to explain) and tie it down that way?

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Ha ha point taken, I have brand new high end strap kit and axle straps just not the T style ones that may be required to fit in the frame slots. Option #2 New Blizzaks and drive it home.... NOT

• Haha
If you have the tie down track and movable placement anchors in the trailer Dan I would buy some wheel straps and use them instead. Better to leave the suspension free IMHO. The thought of jarring when the suspension moves on bumps sends chills up my spine tying to the frame.

Here is what I mean Dan
1BD9B251-DAAA-4AE1-AAA7-112888557224.jpeg
B2CF9D0B-CD0B-436A-88CD-10E330807F9E.jpeg

958364D4-F4DA-4593-8C10-F4EAC66780F6.jpeg

Home Depot has these. I’ve not tried them but they look ok.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p....VGNtkCh0GxwUiEAQYASABEgInsvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Reactions: Jeremiad
If you have the tie down track and movable placement anchors in the trailer Dan I would buy some wheel straps and use them instead. Better to leave the suspension free IMHO. The thought of jarring when the suspension moves on bumps sends chills up my spine tying to the frame.

^ this!
That's what I had in mind, with wide straps that he has. The load on the suspension was implied.

Last edited:
No tracks in the trailer, D-rings in floor only. I would hire someone but I also have a small truck to haul to the dealer I'm getting the car from so that part works out well and probably saves me a couple thousand dollars. I have trailered 1000's of kms over the years just not a new Vette. I don't anticipate trailering it again otherwise I would consider installing tracks. The trailer also has the side rv door but bad design as the car doors rarely clear the edge of the doorway anyway. I read where a guy said to leave the targa roof off for easier exit, that makes sense and will probably do that. My climbing out the window gracefully days are behind me I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Let's see if I have this right while skimming over this thread :Shrug2: ...
"Loading my car into my enclosed trailer" ... "heavy wool socks and cutting the toes off" ...
"Enjoy Fleetwood Mac worry free" ... "Princess" ... "New Blizzaks" ... "leave the targa roof off"
"climbing out the window gracefully" ... "Doing it right" .... "priceless"

Doing it right by ruining a perfectly good pair of socks to tie down a Corvette
and avoid needing Blizzaks by trailering at all costs to rescue a Princess while
going gracefully topless through a window worry free
to a Fleetwood Mac Concert ...

ok got it :thumbs: in true CCF fashion ... :joyful: this "channel" has me watching :Lurk5:

Last edited:
Thanks, I heard that, yuck, that driver is me. Studded tires and drive to conditions, that doesn't account for those yahoos that don't though! No one will ever suspect there is a Corvette in here right?

Attachments

• 20181109_104030.jpg
    20181109_104030.jpg
    755.2 KB · Views: 40
Thank you! We got the design from the Mustang emblem, have it on the front of our building too.

Attachments

• 20171219_080837 (4).jpg
    20171219_080837 (4).jpg
    553.9 KB · Views: 38
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.