Featured Thread
R

RockyPM

Hi everyone, some of you may have been wondering where I’ve disappeared to. Or maybe not! Wife and I decided to repaint our trailer this year and figured 2 weeks should do it. Well here we are at week 5 and things are finally starting to move a bit faster. When I took the dinette out we found a leak and a rotten floor and wall in the slide. Lovely. So after much mind muscle bending a few tools and persistence I repaired the floor and wall back to new and priming/painting has begun.
Once painting is complete I have a new vinyl tile floor to glue down and complete the project. I’ll be glad to get this one behind me.
5F75D3A8-4EFF-48AD-9263-F9479D597DF4.jpeg
00DB2D2E-0C01-4918-A748-BA3520C5D456.jpeg
0ACDF43E-FDE5-48E2-8CC0-331F119EC7A3.jpeg
1CB3FB15-F0BA-41F2-AFC5-0E8B350B5761.jpeg

Hi everyone, some of you may have been wondering where I’ve disappeared to. Or maybe not! Wife and I decided to repaint our trailer this year and figured 2 weeks should do it. Well here we are at week 5 and things are finally starting to move a bit faster. When I took the dinette out we found a leak and a rotten flor and wall in the slide. Lovely. So after much mind muscle bending a few tools and persistence I repaired the floor and wall back to new and priming/painting has begun.
Once painting is complete I have a new vinyl tile floor to glue down and complete the project. I’ll be glad to get this one behind me. View attachment 39731View attachment 39732View attachment 39733View attachment 39734
Aren't trailers fun to work on Paul. I feel for you buddy. :Banghead:

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
13 years old. Don't think it would have made the year. Googling I found there is somewhat of a design flaw and so water running down the outside can get into the wall at the lower trim piece and then into the floor. Floor is sealed by a weatherproof wrap that did a great job of sealing the water IN! I've placed a metal corner flashing that slips inside the outside tin and then resealed the trim piece as well as additional caulking to a clean surface to not have it happen again, in the time we own it at least.

Hi everyone, some of you may have been wondering where I’ve disappeared to. Or maybe not! Wife and I decided to repaint our trailer this year and figured 2 weeks should do it. Well here we are at week 5 and things are finally starting to move a bit faster. When I took the dinette out we found a leak and a rotten floor and wall in the slide. Lovely. So after much mind muscle bending a few tools and persistence I repaired the floor and wall back to new and priming/painting has begun.
Once painting is complete I have a new vinyl tile floor to glue down and complete the project. I’ll be glad to get this one behind me. View attachment 39731View attachment 39732View attachment 39733View attachment 39734
Wow Paul, what a ton of work. I'll keep working on cars. 😉 We have missed your Covid funnies. Keep up the great work.

“Simple” updates seem to morph into ugly monsters. All good and getting it done.

... Thanks for the write-up @RockyPM ...
it's a passion ... I can relate to it very well

Very convincing for my advocation for
continuing with my "to-do" list with our
"Money Pit" in the "Life's a Beach" thread
... versus my Wife's thoughts of just selling
and "taking it all on the road" :angelic:

Life's A Beach @ Ma-Me-O

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread