May 12, 2021
Awards
Oakville
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8 3LT Z51
Province
ON
Hi guys, its a long story, but I will keep it short ...

I currently own a '21 C8 Coupe. Got it in May 2021. Has about 5K on it.
LOVE the car, but last summer I decided a wanted a HTC instead of a Coupe.
I just received word that my '22 HTC has arrived.

I got the '22 HTC from a different dealer than the '21 Coupe.
The dealer does not know I have a '21 Coupe as I didn't want to jeopardize my '22 HTC purchase.
I'm aware of the 12 month / 12K restriction GM has and weighing my options.

Ideally, I would like to trade in the Coupe for the HTC, and get some $ in the process.
That said, I know the dealer is going to turn around and sell the Coupe for even more $.

I also know how long the waiting list is, and how painful the ordering process can be (like I said at the beginning, long story). I sympathize with those currently in the process.

With that in mind, I was hoping to find a potential buyer (maybe on this Forum), negotiate an "in and out" with the dealer, and ask the buyer for some cash (but nothing like the mark up the dealer will ask for).

Any interest out there? Happy to give more details but wanted to put it out there.

I apologize in advance if this post offends members or is not appropriate, and respect the moderator if they choose to delete.

wlgj

wlgj

Regular
Sep 23, 2021
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2016 stingr
Province
QC
If I hadn t ordered an HTC , I would be interested . I just cannot believe , you are getting a second C8 and I have been waiting more than 2 years. GM s customer service , sucks ! Whatever happened to first come first served. Not mad at you , not your fault , you are lucky. ;) Also, I am 2nd in line, at my dealer, but I am losing patience. Good luck.

OL Yeller

OL Yeller

Will ride, even when there's nowhere to go!
Power User
Feb 11, 2019
Awards
Carbonear, NL
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z51 Coupe
Province
NL
If I hadn t ordered an HTC , I would be interested . I just cannot believe , you are getting a second C8 and I have been waiting more than 2 years. GM s customer service , sucks ! Whatever happened to first come first served. Not mad at you , not your fault , you are lucky. ;) Also, I am 2nd in line, at my dealer, but I am losing patience. Good luck.
Buy that one 👆and end the wait you will have your C8 in a flash. Forget the dealer then.

toronto365

toronto365

Corvette Newbie
Casual User
May 12, 2021
Awards
Oakville
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8 3LT Z51
Province
ON
Like I said, long story...

I actually put in my deposit in August 2019 and only getting it now!!!

I had a feeling the dealer wasn't going to come through for me, so I hedged my bets and put in another deposit with another dealer a year later, and they came through faster!!!

I never asked for my original deposit back and later realized that I wanted the HTC instead of the Coupe.

So here I am with both. But definitely feel your pain and wasn't as "lucky" as it might appear.

Reactions: Murray20c8
wlgj

wlgj

Regular
Sep 23, 2021
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2016 stingr
Province
QC
Like I said, long story...

I actually put in my deposit in August 2019 and only getting it now!!!

I had a feeling the dealer wasn't going to come through for me, so I hedged my bets and put in another deposit with another dealer a year later, and they came through faster!!!

I never asked for my original deposit back and later realized that I wanted the HTC instead of the Coupe.

So here I am with both. But definitely feel your pain and wasn't as "lucky" as it might appear.
Ok I see. I thought you got one back to back , almost. You will sell your Coupe really fast. I tried 2 dealers but one kept moving me back , so I told them get lost. I get the fact you wanted an HTC , I had ordered the Coupe but as soon as I saw the convertible , I called my dealer and switched and did not lose my place at the dealership. I am pissed at GM , not my dealer. He is waiting , like I am.

Nik

Nik

Blame me if something's broken
Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Vernon, BC
VetteCoins
Car
Province
BC
Hi guys, its a long story, but I will keep it short ...

I currently own a '21 C8 Coupe. Got it in May 2021. Has about 5K on it.
LOVE the car, but last summer I decided a wanted a HTC instead of a Coupe.
I just received word that my '22 HTC has arrived.

I got the '22 HTC from a different dealer than the '21 Coupe.
The dealer does not know I have a '21 Coupe as I didn't want to jeopardize my '22 HTC purchase.
I'm aware of the 12 month / 12K restriction GM has and weighing my options.

Ideally, I would like to trade in the Coupe for the HTC, and get some $ in the process.
That said, I know the dealer is going to turn around and sell the Coupe for even more $.

I also know how long the waiting list is, and how painful the ordering process can be (like I said at the beginning, long story). I sympathize with those currently in the process.

With that in mind, I was hoping to find a potential buyer (maybe on this Forum), negotiate an "in and out" with the dealer, and ask the buyer for some cash (but nothing like the mark up the dealer will ask for).

Any interest out there? Happy to give more details but wanted to put it out there.

I apologize in advance if this post offends members or is not appropriate, and respect the moderator if they choose to delete.

You'll need to create a classified to list the car and post a selling price. We'll keep this thread visible but lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread