Their dealership, their rules. In all likelihood they will offer the allocation to the next person on the list. Some poor schmuk next in line would have his opportunity (that he has waited for longer than you), screwed over if the dealership allowed trading places. What would be the point of the list?

Ya, It's up to the dealer. Personally I don't see how it could matter to anyone on the list if they don't know or the guy keeps it if he can't give it to his friend.
However, it is a fair way to do it and I admire the dealer for sticking to their rules.

Reactions: rfh928
Ya, It's up to the dealer. Personally I don't see how it could matter to anyone on the list if they don't know or the guy keeps it if he can't give it to his friend.
However, it is a fair way to do it and I admire the dealer for sticking to their rules.
Agreed. But likely someone will tell everyone how they scooped a buddy’s spot on the list and the dealership will be left with a hundred angry list dwellers.

Agreed. But likely someone will tell everyone how they scooped a buddy’s spot on the list and the dealership will be left with a hundred angry list dwellers.
Ya, they might be mad, but how does it affect them? It doesn't at all unless he was really going to abandon his spot and who would know unless he did? The fact of changing spots doesn't affect them one bit. Unless one can see alternate futures.

He talked to me yesterday if I want to trade his spot because he is not ready to place order. He could take my spot. Then I spoke to dealer and dealer said no however dealer said my friend doesn't have to give up his spot he can order whenever he is ready. He would be 1st on the list. Would be nice if dealer would not mine.

Reactions: Bunny hop
He talked to me yesterday if I want to trade his spot because he is not ready to place order. He could take my spot. Then I spoke to dealer and dealer said no however dealer said my friend doesn't have to give up his spot he can order whenever he is ready. He would be 1st on the list. Would be nice if dealer would not mine.
That is what most dealers do. When an allocation comes up they give it the next taker on the lists. This also could be so they make sure the allocation isn't sold to someone.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Just wondering if anyone try doing this. My friend spot comes up for Stingray ordering but he is not ready. I would like to trade his spot with mine ( mine still months away) and he is ok to trade. Dealer said NO I can't trade. Any opinion or thought?
This means your dealer is one of the good ones. For all they know, you friend is selling his allocation to you and once you trade allocations he will get his deposit back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.