Should have given your car to them in September. Used prices are coming down a bit and this is the worst time to sell a sports car.
I asked my dealer in early August if he wanted my car a few weeks before my car showed up to maximize my trade in value. If the car had been traded in at some point in September then the dealer would have been committed to that price.

Well 2024's went up by $12K and add in HST and Lux tax that's $16K and then trade went from $65K to $52K plus tax so overall about $30K more!
I thought we were talking 2023 car? So, 2024 car, same options as 2023 is now $12K more. I get the GM news and no mention of this big an increase for 2024? Your numbers do not make sense to me? First off the lux tax is on anything over $100K for feds and BC and PST and GST is on the price less trade. IU live in B.C. so fairly familiar with the taxes here; but, not Ontario? You a prov. lux tax as well? A loaded C8 3LT Z51 HTC can't be much more than $124K?

I thought we were talking 2023 car? So, 2024 car, same options as 2023 is now $12K more. I get the GM news and no mention of this big an increase for 2024? Your numbers do not make sense to me? First off the lux tax is on anything over $100K for feds and BC and PST and GST is on the price less trade. IU live in B.C. so fairly familiar with the taxes here; but, not Ontario? You a prov. lux tax as well? A loaded C8 3LT Z51 HTC can't be much more than $124K?
Sure it can - real easy.
Go onto the design/build calculator and see where you end up.
You can certainly cut back on items, but if you want a fully loaded rig, it'll cost you more than $124,000.00.

Sure it can - real easy.
Go onto the design/build calculator and see where you end up.
You can certainly cut back on items, but if you want a fully loaded rig, it'll cost you more than $124,000.00.
I did. $129,800.00 without carbon fiber trim interior. I guessed $2300.00 for that option = $132K. I included Z51, upgraded black wheels & front lift; but, no other fancy options, which if you start doing that, you can easily add another $10K. So, when I looked it appeared to me that all the base prices went up and for some reason the 3LT was crazy and the options up a lot - I think the carbon fiber trim and front lift up a fair bit. If I was ordering to-day I'd chose the 2LT and add the GT2 seats. My car with a lot of options not on the 2024 car I priced was $122K - at least a $10K difference (taxes). So, in BC, that would probably be another $5K in taxes.

If your 2023 car was over $100K, a 12K increase results in an additional $1560 HST Ont (12K x .13) and an additional $2712 in Lux tax ((12,000+1560)x.2) for a grand total of $16,272 increase.

Got it!
image_50429697.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.