Aug 10, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
G87 in transit
Province
ON
I was just curious how long folks thing it will take after build week for the car to be delivered. I know the first batches will have some extended quality control but as mine is march 9th I don’t think I should worry.. When should I expect delivery if it ends up being built that week?
All replies are appreciated!

Unless they are changing this rule for non-Z51 Corvettes (three-season tires), no Corvettes will be shipped to Canada before mid-late April.

Afterwards, a week or two is a good bet on how long it'll take to arrive at your dealership once built.

Reactions: OttawaKev
You think dealerships will be getting all their cars together? If that's the case and my build week is earlier than others at my dealer, I could be looking at a long wait.

No. Your Corvette will come when it's ready. Unless two are built very close to each other, in which case they will come on one truck.

No. Your Corvette will come when it's ready. Unless two are built very close to each other, in which case they will come on one truck.
That's great insight because I was worried I'd have to wait for 6-8 of them to be delivered on a truck at once to my dealership. I didn't get the Z51 package so I'll hope for the best and assume a late March/very early April delivery.

Chevy also does not like to ship Corvettes in the winter as the cold temps make it hard for the shippers to tie down the cars without putting alot of stress on the tires as the lose pressure when they get cold .As a result this can lead to tie down problems.

Reactions: ZoraD
For those of you with TPW's just some info. On Friday Feb 21 I spoke to GM Canada by telephone regarding a TPW for my C8 and was given the week of March 9th. I just verified the TPW via Chevrolet.ca live chat and it has been changed to June 1st. I know this is tentative but seriously 3 months difference.

@Bikerjulio must be close 🔫
Capture.PNG
022120_19.jpg
screenshot_2020_02_15_15_22_00_6e76762282a4cb08613394688872cdb314eea26c.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeyBats
Unless they are changing this rule for non-Z51 Corvettes (three-season tires), no Corvettes will be shipped to Canada before mid-late April.

Afterwards, a week or two is a good bet on how long it'll take to arrive at your dealership once built.
Tage has said many times now the the z51 to Canadian buyers no longer matters as they have resolved the tire issue

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.