Good evening all. I would like to ask a question on TPW concerns. I have been reading posts and I see a lot are getting some fine rides. Well here is my story. I ordered my Rapid Blue Z51 in the Niagara region in February And got the 3000 status in about 10day so I followed up when the plant got back to work with GM customer care and got an October12 Build week. About 4 weeks ago the date came ahead to September 21. I contact GM customer care today hoping to have a closer build date and now they tell me no Build date as of today so WTF? Am I jump to conclusions to soon. I can tell GM has everything upside down on this model for sold units and trying to meet the builds but having a build date and, not now having one is BS. I have worked for many year for GM dealers and even at HQ in Oshawa for a bit and I understand the BS on ordering but I have been out of the game for 10 years any guidance or info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Reactions: PistolPetesC8
Good evening all. I would like to ask a question on TPW concerns. I have been reading posts and I see a lot are getting some fine rides. Well here is my story. I ordered my Rapid Blue Z51 in the Niagara region in February And got the 3000 status in about 10day so I followed up when the plant got back to work with GM customer care and got an October12 Build week. About 4 weeks ago the date came ahead to September 21. I contact GM customer care today hoping to have a closer build date and now they tell me no Build date as of today so WTF? Am I jump to conclusions to soon. I can tell GM has everything upside down on this model for sold units and trying to meet the builds but having a build date and, not now having one is BS. I have worked for many year for GM dealers and even at HQ in Oshawa for a bit and I understand the BS on ordering but I have been out of the game for 10 years any guidance or info would be appreciated.
Thanks
I wouldn't panic, there seems to be a lot of confusion at GMs end. A number of buyers on MEC forums have
complained about the same issue, losing TPWs. I'm not sure the left knows what the right is doing.
I called concierge last Thursday they told me there was no scheduled shipping date
for my built car, today I get notification it was shipped and will arrive tomorrow. Go figure.
I would check again next week, some think info is only updated once a week, so sometimes
you may miss the update by a day.
Don't lose faith it will get built!!

GM will shuffle TPW's from time to time as suppliers ramp up or down. That might be a sign of the second shift starting or being pushed back. When TPW's are reshuffled they disappear for a short period and then reappear. I wouldn't worry about it until the date and TPW gets closer together. When you are 3 to 4 weeks away from your current TPW it becomes locked in and won't change. A sign that the 2 shift is starting is O/T stops on the first shift. Only time will tell. I hear there are still a very few suppliers that aren't quite up to speed. The might be producing 80% of what is required for 2 shifts they can stock pile those parts until such times as the second shift can begin and use all those parts through November.

Reactions: PistolPetesC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.